X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fauxpas View Post
    I think I like the KU36 when available for $150 a hoop as it gave good grip like the AD07 but at half the price...

I have $80 daily driver tyres on my beat up 17" rims... I'm not used to spending megabucks on rubber... I know some enthusiasts are quite OK spending $1-2000 on a set...

Not me, I bought the rcolt cause of the low cost of ownership... If I can find a competent sticky tyre for $150-175 a corner I'd be happy...

I remember there were Falken and Achilles equivalents to the KU36 for similar prices... Can't remember their model numbers... Any of those available?
    There's some KU36 tyres 215/45/16 on eBay from Tempe Tyres for $180 each. Link below:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/215-45-16...#ht_3323wt_689

Comment

Thanks for that... Last time I searched ebay for them it came up zilch... I must have misspelled kumho or something...

That's $735 shipped for 4... I may have to do it...
      Last edited by fauxpas; 20-10-2012, 10:04 PM.

Comment

I used to drive the 2hrs to syd back for Kuhmos and still save a good $60-70 a tyre when factoring in fuel down and back.
        Not going to be needing tyres for a while yet, but am thinking of trying AD07/08's to test the "factory baseline" because I never have, my car came with Ku31s when I bought it.

Comment

Originally posted by TalebTyres View Post
          You need something with a stiffer sidewall, although i didnt think the ku36 would've been rolling on a 17x9 in a 225.
          I would definitely be going the bridgestone next time though, have never had this problem with such a tyre let alone having that problem while having the tyre stretched!
          I get roll when changing direction fast regardless of speed. I do feel the 'lag' between input and direction change. However I also now get body roll when trying to do maneuvers at 100km which I did not before.

So the RE11 is the stiffest in sidewall out of the street semis? Significantly stiff?? Anything to compare for example to normal road tyres sidewall such as a T1R?

I think I like the KU36 when available for $150 a hoop as it gave good grip like the AD07 but at half the price...
          I got mine for $155(f) and $170(r). They are not so much off from what they used to be, just need to keep an eye on eBay.
          However, as if they provide as much grip and a AD07/08?

Comment

Originally posted by Suspop View Post
            I get roll when changing direction fast regardless of speed. I do feel the 'lag' between input and direction change. However I also now get body roll when trying to do maneuvers at 100km which I did not before.

So the RE11 is the stiffest in sidewall out of the street semis? Significantly stiff?? Anything to compare for example to normal road tyres sidewall such as a T1R?
            Cant say its the stiffest as i honestly cant test that, i would rate it stiffer than the ku36, and a little stiffer than the ad07, but it is definitely stiffer than a street tyre such as the T1R, these street semi's are in a different league with a much solid casing, same reason a 225 in these street-semi tyres is usually equivalent to a 235 street tyre.

Comment

I have $80 daily driver tyres on my beat up 17" rims... I'm not used to spending megabucks on rubber... I know some enthusiasts are quite OK spending $1-2000 on a set...

Not me, I bought the rcolt cause of the low cost of ownership... If I can find a competent sticky tyre for $150-175 a corner I'd be happy...

I remember there were Falken and Achilles equivalents to the KU36 for similar prices... Can't remember their model numbers... Any of those available?
              you're talking about the falken rt615, sizing was not suitable on these so we stopped doing them.

The other is the Achilles 123s. Currently trying to hammer out a better deal on pricing, will update once we can supply this tyre, should be a well priced option.

You dont have to spend big $$ to get a decent tyre, we are always scouting to grab deals on tyres, im sure a few people can remember the ad07's we used to sell for 130 a tyre!

Dont have those right now, but there is usually a Japanese street option to be had for around that price mark.
              Last edited by TalebTyres; 23-10-2012, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TalebTyres View Post
                you're talking about the falken rt615, sizing was not suitable on these so we stopped doing them.

The other is the Achilles 123s. Currently trying to hammer out a better deal on pricing, will update once we can supply this tyre, should be a well priced option.

You dont have to spend big $$ to get a decent tyre, we are always scouting to grab deals on tyres, im sure a few people can remember the ad07's we used to sell for 130 a tyre!

Dont have those right now, but there is usually a Japanese street option to be had for around that price mark.
                Jap street option - where are those?
                I don't remember the AD07s at $130, that's something which would stick in my mind!!

Keen to see what you guys can do with the Achilles 123 in the 205/45-16.

Comment

we had 225 45 16 ad07 at $110 ea at one stage!

205 40 17, Had yokohama v102 but only have 3 left, these are $140 ea fitted and balanced.

Will work out what other options there is tomorrow back in the office!

Comment

Look foward to hearing what's avaliable. I'll be after some 17's quite soon.

Comment

hmm it seems right now it is still only those 3 left, apart from the achilles, the only Tyres i have coming in right now are the Nitto NT01 R compound semi slicks due in two weeks time.

Excellent feedback on the NT01 but these are not suited for your everyday driver!

Will update once i know when the re11 and yokohama are loaded and on the way.
                      Last edited by TalebTyres; 29-10-2012, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X