Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ku36

Any available?

Hi

sorry not a big kumho dealer, no stock on kumho ku36 at the moment.

Have some Bridgestone RE11, Toyo R1R, and Yokohama AD08 on order, hoping to receive delivery next month.

More info best to call me at the shop on 02 9567 2888

Cheers

Ali

Comment

Anything as sticky as the ku36 for $150 a hoop?

Comment

Originally posted by fauxpas View Post
        Anything as sticky as the ku36 for $150 a hoop?
        I doubt you will find a KU36 at that price anymore.

But honestly go the RE11, and pay a little more

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
          I doubt you will find a KU36 at that price anymore.

But honestly go the RE11, and pay a little more
          + eleventy!!

RE-11's kick butt!!

Wish I had some RE-11S's or some RE-55's though

Comment

Hi mate,
            Literally just joined for this reason.
            I currently have KU36 on the front of my S15.
            Love the grip, hate the washy steering (compared to normal tyres). Tried everything from 30psi to 40psi. And they are even slightly stretched(ish) with the sizing 225/45-17 on a 17x9 rim.
            What's your take on the other tyres in terms of this? I really want just the normal tyre awesome steering response back.
            More leaning towards the R1R, as they are normally priced, but I'd consider the RE11 or AD08.
            All these 4 tyres where in my original 'consider to buy' and after lots of research and asking people I settled on KU36s, and they are flop.
            Cheers.

Comment

hahah macca has come to realise the ku36 are gay compared to re11

Comment

Originally posted by XLD380 View Post
                + eleventy!!

RE-11's kick butt!!

Wish I had some RE-11S's or some RE-55's though
                and you lick butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Suspop View Post
                  Hi mate,
                  Love the grip, hate the washy steering (compared to normal tyres). Tried everything from 30psi to 40psi. And they are even slightly stretched(ish) with the sizing 225/45-17 on a 17x9 rim.
                  What's your take on the other tyres in terms of this? I really want just the normal tyre awesome steering response back.
                  More leaning towards the R1R, as they are normally priced, but I'd consider the RE11 or AD08.
                  All these 4 tyres where in my original 'consider to buy' and after lots of research and asking people I settled on KU36s, and they are flop.
                  Cheers.
                  IMO - R1R are the best street tire. And they are even good for a few laps on track (until they overheat). Obviously depending on drive style/track and the type of car there on. Very predictable but i found there best once worn in a little.

Comment

Originally posted by chilli View Post
                    IMO - R1R are the best street tire. And they are even good for a few laps on track (until they overheat). Obviously depending on drive style/track and the type of car there on. Very predictable but i found there best once worn in a little.
                    You tried re11s man? They rape r1r

Comment

Tread Life - Normal use with the odd hoon?

Comment

Originally posted by 0dd0ne View Post
                        You tried re11s man? They rape r1r
                        not yet!! I mightg try them next time i need street tires

Comment

Hi guys, I am still waiting on loading lists for that RE11 sizes are coming in next month, have had the 16's on order for over 4 months so hopefully they were loaded this time.

The ku36 are a decent tyre, however everyone forgets that Kumho is a budget korean brand, the reason we do not stock kumho's in all sizes and patterns is due to what we believe to be an inflated price for the same product( prices went up once they started promoting and advertising heavily, which worked, ie the same tyre was cheaper 8 years ago).

Granted the ku36 is a great performance option for the price, most people that rave on about them have upgraded from their factory street tyre to the ku36, but have not yet tried out one of the premium japanese "street semi's", and those that have and try the ku36, are not that happy especially when they find out a toyo or birdgestone would've been a little bit more $, i know which one i would prefer..

I know this may seem like a biased opinion, but if they were better priced then we would be selling them.

Comment

Originally posted by Suspop View Post
                            Hi mate,
                            Cheers.
                            You need something with a stiffer sidewall, although i didnt think the ku36 would've been rolling on a 17x9 in a 225.
                            I would definitely be going the bridgestone next time though, have never had this problem with such a tyre let alone having that problem while having the tyre stretched!

Comment

I think I like the KU36 when available for $150 a hoop as it gave good grip like the AD07 but at half the price...

I have $80 daily driver tyres on my beat up 17" rims... I'm not used to spending megabucks on rubber... I know some enthusiasts are quite OK spending $1-2000 on a set...

Not me, I bought the rcolt cause of the low cost of ownership... If I can find a competent sticky tyre for $150-175 a corner I'd be happy...

I remember there were Falken and Achilles equivalents to the KU36 for similar prices... Can't remember their model numbers... Any of those available?

Comment

Working...
                              X