Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Bridgestone Potenza RE11 - sizes from 15" to 18" - including 205/45/16 OEM COLT SIZE! Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridgestone Potenza RE11 - sizes from 15" to 18" - including 205/45/16 OEM COLT SIZE!

Bridgestone Potenza RE11.

These are brand new tyres, dom 2010

This is the tyre that replaced the Potenza RE-01R.

These tyres have a UTQG treadwear rating of 180, So are in the same class as Toyo R1R, Yokohama ad07, ad08, falken RT615, dunlop Z1 star spec. kumho xs, ku36.

sizes available include:
    205 50 15
    205 45 16 (4 left)
    225 45 17 OUT OF STOCK
    235 45 17

a little info borrowed from Tirerack:
    The Potenza RE-11 is an Extreme Performance Summer tire developed for enthusiastic sports car, sports coupe and performance sedan drivers. The Potenza RE-11 is designed to combine traction, handling and driving control with good noise and ride comfort. The Potenza RE-11 is tuned for dry and wet conditions, but like all summer tires is not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice.

The Potenza RE-11 is the first Potenza street tire to incorporate Bridgestone's 3D Seamless Stealth technology originally introduced in their Formula 1 and GP2 racing tires. The Potenza RE-11 features an asymmetric tread pattern that combines massive outboard independent shoulder blocks interlocked with a notched circumferential intermediate rib that provides the lateral stiffness needed to enhance steering response and increase dry cornering traction. Inboard, a continuous intermediate rib and notched shoulder rib are separated by wide, straight circumferential grooves that provide water evacuation to resist hydroplaning and enhance wet traction.

The tire's internal structure features a custom designed asymmetric shape that helps distribute footprint pressure more evenly by keeping the straighter outboard sidewall from “falling down” while helping the more rounded inboard sidewall resist “falling away” during aggressive cornering. Two wide steel belts reinforced by spirally wound nylon provide strength, uniform ride quality and high-speed capability.

Heres a link to tirerack who did a test between the Bridgestone potenza re11, Yokohama advan ad08, Kumhu xs(KU36), and the last winner of their test the dunlop direzza sport z1 starspec.
    Has reviews on different categories as well as a short video review.
    The bridgestone came out 1st overall...
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/...y.jsp?ttid=118

I've got the RE-11s. They're good. Not quite as sticky as the Advans, but they are quieter, and slightly better in the wet. Maybe a bit tougher too, took me 35'000kms to get through my AD07s, so we'll see with the RE-11s, they're holding up well so far.

Comment

I just put KU36's on cause it was impossible to get the RE11's here. Did you get these shipped in yourself or are these an official Bridgestone Australia supply? Just out of curiosity how much are the 205/45R16s?

Comment

Bridgestone Australia does not bring in the RE11, pm'd mate.

Comment

Can you please PM me the price? thanks

Comment

pm price please

Comment

2 sets back in stock right now

Comment

Also keen on pm'd price please?

Comment

Originally posted by BFLA View Post
                  I've got the RE-11s. They're good. Not quite as sticky as the Advans, but they are quieter, and slightly better in the wet. Maybe a bit tougher too, took me 35'000kms to get through my AD07s, so we'll see with the RE-11s, they're holding up well so far.
                  Anymore feedback on the RE-11s?
                  I don't think that the Advans are worth the money really for what I do - but I can get a reasonable price on the RE-11.

Comment

Originally posted by BFLA View Post
                    Let me state this from the beginning, I'm not getting into any pissing match here but.........if by Advans you mean AD07's, that is not what I thought about them. Check the date on your Bridgestone RE11's.
                    In my opinion on a Ralliart Colt (with me driving of course) AD07's are nowhere near as good as the Bridgestone RE11's. Certainly for the way I drive.
                    I mean drive fast through the curves, hairpins and bends, not plough into corners with heaps of understeer (well uuuundersteeeeeer isn't the right word for those who simply enter the corner too fast and think that is hard cornering, like most people who think they drive hard) the Bridgestone RE11 can carry far more speed through the corner than the AD07's ever could.
                    The AD07's heat cycled badly in my opinion, when you got them hot and cool down too many times they went hard, in time, sometimes a short time. Sometimes they still had good tread on them, but they went hard. ....well for me a least.
                    The RE11's are different. They get better the hotter they get. In fact, I find they don't feel (talking about steering input feel through the steering wheel) really good at brisk drive around pace (but every bit as good as an AD07) but when you drive hard they get better and better the harder you push them. At normal driving speed they feel like they will "tuck in", can't explain but if you have raced bikes you'll know what I mean.
                    I usually use 215/45/16's on the stock rims (which I prefer) so maybe it is just a lighter feel.
                    As for wet weather, the AD07 can't compare to RE11's. In the wet the RE11 excels. On damp roads the speed you can drive at is incredible.
                    I say this even though I am not a fan of Bridgestone tyres these days. I do like Yokohama tyres I like their feeling they give, good feedback and you can tell what they are doing, you can tell when you are on their limit. But I am very happy with the RE11s
                    I'm not saying the Yokohama AD07 is, should say was a bad tyre, it just isn't as good as a Bridgestone RE11 (or some other tyres around) when comparing the two.
                    I have 3 Ralliart Colts as most know. One is fitted with AD07's still, One has Falken RT615's and the other Bridgestone RE11's.....today the Falken RT615's clearly showed how inferior they are compared to the Bridgestone RE11's, but still they are also a good tyre that I thought were pretty good. The yardstick keeps moving.
                    These days most the good brands of tyres are good. Talking about perfomance tyres of course. Horse for courses. What feels good to someone might not suit someone else. Just depends how you drive.
                    As for wear duration, it is never a consideration of mine. So I never bother to check how far they go just how much fun they give me. They are lasting quite well however.
                    And I don't know about price.
                    So far the Bridgestone RE11s has never let me down. NEVER.
                    I have punished the RE11's and would definitely use them again. But having said that maybe next time I'll try something else.
                    Anyway, I hope none of you buy them that way there will be more for me.
                    Just buy what ever you like...everybody is different. To me there are big differences, to someone else they might not notice.
                    Just.......what can I say...... whatever.

Comment

Nice review.

But how come you always start pretty much all your posts with:
                      "Let me state this from the beginning, I'm not getting into any pissing match here" or something like that?

Has there been some shit thrown about what ur sayin?
                      I'm not flamin, just asking the question

Comment

Yes, there has been the odd shit slinging match.
                        SO...I make this statement because I will not entry into any argument about what I have said.
                        It is my opinion and I like anyone else, am entitled to their opinion, anybody can take it or leave it. If they think I'm all bullshit and see my posts then simply don't read it.
                        If they don't agree, then post their point of view and why, and not the "my friend said" or the "I read on the net" stuff.
                        Yeah I know, this is on the net. Same applies, take it or leave it. The writer of the post who thought AD07s were better gave his opinion and that point of view should be taken into consideration by anyone interested.
                        I didn't say he was wrong, I said that is not how I found them and why.
                        I see so much shit on the forum, I usually shake my head and just go away for a while and just leave it. I always come back because there is also a lot of good shit on the forum too.
                        BUT...Tyres are one of my favourite things in motoring. A part of car setting up I have liked for many many years.
                        I could make a stocker 3 seconds a lap faster around a circuit with just better tyres. I could keep up with the big power boys who thought power is everything.
                        Driving (fast) is one of the great pleasures I have in life. I don't smoke and I don't drink (sometimes unfortunately). So Driving Fast is a thrill for me.
                        I drive a car like I raced my bikes. I learnt a lot from motorcycle road circuit racing. I still go down through the gearbox, strange eh.
                        Electronics has taken away the tuning fun part of motoring. A laptop does that.
                        I am passionate about tyres and their benefit to handling.
                        No need to put my (motoring) portfolio on the forum, it doesn't mean much and well who cares if I could lap faster than .....someone who has gone on to be famous.
                        I don't spin tyres, I must therefor have the most gutless Ralliart Colt on the forum.
                        I don't get understeer in corners..Guess I just don't drive it HARD enough.
                        Problem is you don't drive cars HARD (I know I may have used that word myself but my hard is different than others HARD), you drive them fast and you do that by knowing them, knowing their limitations.
                        Anyway you asked the question, I will just leave it there.
                        I will say, I have my own hangups like, I will never use a Korean tyre (once bitten twice shy no matter what they call their company now) just like I will never own a Korean car, (never owned one) they just don't know how to make them.
                        Tyres aren't just about how "sticky" they are, it is about their grip that is for sure, but it is also about their feel, their progressiveness, how the respond to steering input, what feed back they give you.
                        If you want to go drag racing, then you might find another tyre is better. Want to do drifting (which has nothing to do with driving) you would want a much different tyre. For those forms of motorsport I have nothing to say, because I don't know anything.

So thanks for the "Nice review" comment.

Comment

that is a hell of a tyre review!!! That kind of input is what a noob like me needs!!! love it... more of it...

Comment

Love your work Barry! i haven't ran these tyres myself, but i am getting similar feedback from other customers so they are definately a top choice!

Comment

What's the damage on some 205/45-16?
                              Also looking a price for the next size down, a 195/?-16 to go on a 7" rim. Want just a little bit of stretch to clear the guards a bit more...

Thanks TT.

Comment

Working...
                              X