Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EOI: Oil / Air Separators

NOT CATCH CANS!!!

These run proper oil/air separation filters, the air exiting the outlets will be pure with no oil contamination.

Dual chamber, one side takes the PCV output, the other is between the rocker cover and intake pipe.

All hoses, clamps, brackets etc to be included.

These will be made to order, 2 week turnaround from initial deposit.

I'll have pictures etc of the first one shortly.

Approx ~$220

Interesting. Much needed in the colt my stock fmic was covered in oil. A small pool of oil was on the ground after I took it out where the cooler was sitting.

I have a catch can at the moment stuffed with stainless steel scourers lol

A much better solution. Waiting for pics!

Comment

Potentially interested if there is a benefit to this rather than letting the oil vapours into the engine and combusting them.

Comment

How and where would these be mounted?

Comment

Will these be venting to the engine bay at all or will it be a totally sealed circuit?l

Comment

Originally posted by steel View Post
            Potentially interested if there is a benefit to this rather than letting the oil vapours into the engine and combusting them.
            No oil contaminating the inlet, affecting the intercooler efficiency. Also doesn't oil up the intake manifold through the pcv valve. So yes, alot of benefits.

Originally posted by 0dd0ne View Post
            How and where would these be mounted?
            These will be bolted in, via an existing bolt hole on the drivers side next to the engine. Providing I can find some dip stick tubes(Rowan/Oddone/Steel), I can make these completely return any oil it filters back to the sump. For local people, it wont be an issue to do this. The interstaters, I'll have to do it on an exchange basis.

Originally posted by Corosith View Post
            Will these be venting to the engine bay at all or will it be a totally sealed circuit?l
            It'll be totally sealed and 100% legal.

Comment

I'll be mocking up lines for these on the weekend.

Options will be stainless steel braid with AN fittings, push lock fittings, nylon braid lines with AN fittings, and what I'll be running, which will be sold line, combine with SS or Nylon Braid with AN fittings.

Catch can price will be around $220. Colour options will be raw alloy, polished, gloss or satin black, or colt red.

The line choice adds significantly to the price. Doing my best to add cheaper options.

Comment

http://gallery.me.com/toddmunkman/10...G_0078/web.jpg

Ready for fabrication

Comment

Originally posted by runuts View Post
                  Inventor?

Comment

Craig Starnes makes them for me!

There's been a few design changes since. The complete setup comes to about $450. I doubt anyone would be willing to pay that, hence I haven't bothered continuing with it. It is on my own vehicle, works very well.

Comment

You pay for quality I guess, as you say, probably not a huge market for them but I reckon a few people will put their hand up for one none the less. Will you still make them to order though? I just like it due to the stock appearance of the whole setup, looks very well engineered.

Comment

Working...
                      X