X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts enquiry thread - let me know what you want

While I'll keep adding parts as they become available, let me know what parts you are chasing, and I'll see what I can do!!

Ralliart Upper rear bushes for suspension.
    I can't find the part numbers at the moment... Everyone has discontinued them
    Otherwise a stiffer replacement option for the factory upper rear bushes.

Also a replacement front bush for the factory roll stopper. The standard one flogs out and I haven't seen a replacement yet.
    I like JamesPH's rollstopper but if there was a replacement bush for the factory item the NVH would be a lot less.

Oh yeh - Genuine Mitsubishi front Brake discs and pads. I want the externally vented Mitsi discs not a cheaper copy.

Spark Plugs

Seat Covers for the Recaros

Comment

engine mounts to suit 4G63 conversion? Mirage conversion mounts fit??

Comment

Lol.. I should of expected that. It will take far more than just engine mounts to successfully get a 4G63 running in there. If you have a realistic budget, I can do the conversion, but don't expect it to be cheap.

Comment

cams...mainly exhaust. Even an adjustable pulley to suit to play with.

And a spare head or intake manifold if you come across one. Planning a sheetmetal intake manifold with itb's and need some dimensions.

Comment

Cams, valves etc as mentioned in other threads. What's the update on the new pistons etc? You have more stock yet? Im kinda in a rush to get the car back on the road so i might have to get them from the guy building the engine for me. Prob be more expensive though so keep me updated on your stock Todd.

Btw can you get any LSD's?

Comment

Originally posted by daedalusjc View Post

And a spare head or intake manifold if you come across one. Planning a sheetmetal intake manifold with itb's and need some dimensions.

Hey matt the engine I bought might have the intake manifold on it... I remember it deff doesn't have exhaust but I think it does have intake...

Comment

Originally posted by runuts View Post
                Lol.. I should of expected that. It will take far more than just engine mounts to successfully get a 4G63 running in there. If you have a realistic budget, I can do the conversion, but don't expect it to be cheap.
                so mounts would fit? custom drive shafts im guessing? and rewiring the whole car? wat other issues PM if theres along list...

i heard mirages running GTiR rear cradles to make them AWD as well...

cheers mate just want to research alternative options

Comment

I'm looking for a version-r front bumber, hood, gearbox and a cusco lsd...

Comment

Originally posted by daedalusjc View Post

Adjustable pulley is easy. I'll get a couple of them in.

Spare head, hi Rowan!!! lol

I may make inlet manifolds later, at present I don't see anyone making the power to require one.

Comment

Originally posted by 0dd0ne View Post
                      Cams, valves etc as mentioned in other threads. What's the update on the new pistons etc? You have more stock yet? Im kinda in a rush to get the car back on the road so i might have to get them from the guy building the engine for me. Prob be more expensive though so keep me updated on your stock Todd.
                      Btw can you get any LSD's?
                      I have 3 sets of pistons left from my new order. They'll be here in 3 weeks. After that, pistons will be on order basis only. Rods I have in stock!

LSD's I am trying to source from Japan at present.

Comment

Originally posted by filofaith View Post
                        so mounts would fit? custom drive shafts im guessing? and rewiring the whole car? wat other issues PM if theres along list...

i heard mirages running GTiR rear cradles to make them AWD as well...

cheers mate just want to research alternative options
                        Mounts would need to be made, more than likely driveshafts too. There would be significant fabrication involved, and its difficult to say exactly without doing the work.
                        Issues, would be gearbox, may need to use the evo box, not a big issue if you want to go AWD. Although the colt 4G15 and evo 4G63 look similar, the colt motor is significantly smaller. Other things that will need to be addressed will be the intercooler etc.

To go AWD, these cars are actually released AWD in Japan, without a turbocharged motor. However the rear setup may be the best option.
                        I'm not sure why people would chose to use a GTiR cradle in a Mirage, as Mirages were released AWD, the parts are very easy to acquire.

Without putting a dampener on it, the cost of doing a FWD 4G63 conversion, I would expect to be in the range of 10-15k. It may work out cheaper, but with so many unknowns, it would be stupid to under quote.

I don't know why you are so fixed on it though. To change to 4G63 and stay legal, it would firstly need to meet the same ADR's for emissions. That would generally limit the donor engine to one from a vehicle of the same age or newer. Also, you can extract quite alot of power from the 4G15, for significantly less cost. Although the initial 4G63 cost looks promising, getting it in, complete and running as it should, is not going to be a quick nor cheap ordeal.

Comment

Originally posted by czTeo View Post
                          I'm looking for a version-r front bumber, hood, gearbox and a cusco lsd...
                          Shipping to Greece would cost more than the parts unfortunately. I can supply you with the genuine part numbers if that helps?

Comment

I might hit you up for the rods but 3 weeks might be to far off for pistons. For head work I'm going to have 2 so I'll build one up while the other one is still on the car then swap them.

Comment

where else you going to get pistons man? Gl getting them custom made in 3 weeks

Comment

Working...
                              X