Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blaze View Post
    But you dont get the awesome flutter with the mr bov
    I thought these plumbacks shouldn't give out any flutter sounds because the air is being recirculated back into the intake instead of the turbo?

Comment

Originally posted by Fizz View Post
      I thought these plumbacks shouldn't give out any flutter sounds because the air is being recirculated back into the intake instead of the turbo?
      I've got one and I do get a bit of 'Hektik dose' with a K&N panel filter Didn't notice any dose with the Ralliart filter panel or the stock filter.

Comment

Wouldn't the MR BOV and TS Kompact not affect the noise anyway? Since their both plumbback and all your hearing is from the airbox?

Or does it sound different because of the spring and type of bov it is. MR (Diagraphm bov)? TS (piston)? or something.

Comment

i get a slight flutter with the TS

Comment

Maybe the bov is installed backwards, hence the loud flutter??

Comment

/me sprinkles forum with reality check powder!

Comment

Originally posted by ruimond View Post
                Wouldn't the MR BOV and TS Kompact not affect the noise anyway? Since their both plumbback and all your hearing is from the airbox?

Or does it sound different because of the spring and type of bov it is. MR (Diagraphm bov)? TS (piston)? or something.
                The tututu flutter is alot more noticeable with a pod.
                Almost sounds like its venting from a bov.
                The Mr didnt make any sound.

Comment

Yeah i know the pod is louder. Was just wondering if there is any sound difference created from having the TS vs MR BOV is what i meant.

Comment

Just fitted this TS plumb back (scored a used one off gumtree) and I now have "chooo" at every gearchange....lol

Comment

How come you get the 'chooo' sound when its plumb back? you dont have a pod either rite?

Comment

Originally posted by black_ice View Post
                        How come you get the 'chooo' sound when its plumb back? you dont have a pod either rite?
                        Mine does the same.. Think its actually coming from the airbox, the k&n filter wud have something to do about it..

Comment

Originally posted by black_ice View Post
                          Well the 'chooo' sound isn't as loud as a proper vent-to-air bov would be.....but it is definately audible. I have a spare OEM panel filter at home....will try putting it on this weekend to see how much of a difference the type of filter (K&N vs OEM) contributes to the sound.

Comment

It's the K&N filter that makes it more audible.

Comment

whats your stock on these like? i'm going to need one next pay lol, i have a gfb on my car and it sounds like a dying pigeon every time i change gears.

Comment

do you need a flash after this is installed to prevent any CELs? or can you just plug in and play? My Car is stock atm apart from the k&n filter

Comment

Working...
                                X