Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fauxpas

Thanks for your reply.
    I notice that you conversed with them over that thing called a telephone.
    You did yours when they were beginning.

please see the attached paragraph to my request to talk to him.

This is from his email and I have cut and pasted it, not my words

"I completely agree about it being better if it's faster to to solve something in 15 mins on the phone instead of spending half an hour composing an email - unfortunately I've found the reverse to be true; in that the average tech support call is about half an hour long, in which the first 15 minutes are spent extracting the information that the customer could have just attached in a log file of the problem occurring and an ECU file. These two things together tell us about 90% of what we need and maybe we just need another paragraph explaining if it's temperature dependent or any other useful background. Then usually the remaining 15 minutes are spent explaining things that are documented in the manual."

The rest goes on about how I should send in a log of what is happening. or how he will bench test it if I send the ECU to him.
    So Faux how do I send a log of something that won't start.
    Bench test....talk to Oddone about that...the fault with the faulty ECU didn't show up on bench testing.
    I have already driven 100kms to their office but nobody home and the guys downstairs won't let me leave it there.
    Matt and I have already been doing all the diagnostic shit.
    Matt even starts pulling parts of his car to try to replicate my situation.

I have my other Ralliart Colt beside me.
    I pull every sensor and sender unit off my other Ralliart Colt and methodically and logically eliminate all the possibilities on my Car. All accept 1 the Adaptronic ECU..
    I bought a spare wiring harness when I bought the ECU so with Matts help
    we rewire and run tests.
    Eventually I am sure Matt didn't want to see my number come up on his phone again.
    So after 3 weeks of testing every fucking night and every weekend.
    I contact Adaptronic and get the run around.
    I make a very rational decision and I unplug the Adaptronic ECU and reconnect all the severed wires.
    no mean feat for a Surveyor.
    Plug in stock ECU and the engine starts first time.
    AND it has been running ever since.
    Every day it is the same car as I tucked into bed the night before.
    So what would your conclusion be.
    I know what mine is.....ADAPTRONIC ECU FUCKED.

I'm not having a go at you Tony(sorry hope I spelled it correct).
    I'm sure there has been a lot of water under the bridge at Adaptronic since your problems.

I know Andy put a lot of time and effort into fixing Oddones car but even he gave up and the put the 440 in. Blake can tell you more if he wants.

I know Andy is a nice bloke but in hindsight nothing would have fixed that ECU and no amount of testing would show up the intermittent problem.

a few more from the email

"1) There's no way for the ECU to forget its tune - it's not as though it's in battery backed up RAM that can go flat or anything like that. It does have set of default settings in it if it detects the whole tune has been corrupted somehow it will revert to, but that won't even allow your engine to run because the triggering is different from your engine."
    Funny that it seems that is exactly what the problem was with the faulty ECU's
    Isn't that what I said the problem was. It won't start. It stopped while driving along the road.
    I had to get it towed home.

"2) On the topic of each day being a different car, these things happen by law, not by chance! I have seen cars where the cam trigger hasn't been working and if the engine just happened to stop in the right position it would fire up perfectly the next time, but if it stopped in the wrong position then it won't start correctly without the cam sensor working."
    Every day...no more like it forgot its tune.

"On this topic of "hard to start", there was a car I saw which did have this problem after running fine for a long time (I think it was about 6 months or so) - and it turned out to be a ground offset which was exacerbated by the current drawn during cranking but fine once the engine was running. I ended up fixing this by making a change to the piggyback sharing board adaptor actually, and I updated Matt about the changes once I discovered the issue."
    Nice to tell Matt. I bought the ECU from Adaptronic direct. They have my email since my purchase, they still send me promo stuff..could have advised me of a problem

Enough, I could go on forever.

Obviously we have both had a different experience with Adaptronic

Comment

• Strange, Adaptronic just don't seem to get it with giving you this run around, certainly couldn't be good for business being splashed all over the forum, but that's his loss I guess. they could have had all the good press in the world if he had resolved the issue and provided the sort of service that anybody should have from them. Then again, after seeing Fauxpas buying those Glock semi autos, I'd probably want to give him decent service!

I had a similar issue (similar result but most probably not the same cause) several years ago with a suzuki gti fitted with a Microtech MT-8 ECU, cosworth cams etc. It ran fine for weeks until one day one the way to a car show I pulled over and stopped the swift at a flexi-teller. I jumped back in and tried turning over the engine, nothing but black plumes of fuel belching out the exhaust in some sort of limp mode, turned out that the plugs were so fouled up they couldn't even manage to produce a spark. Ended having to be towed to the car show, then all the way back to the workshop only to find that the ECU had apparently reset itself to a default tune.

I don't know why it reset, and still don't know to this day, and the workshop who was an agent for Microtech couldn't give me a straight answer either. Once retuned, I never had a problem with it for the next couple of years - just a glitch, quality issue, manufacturing issue, tuner error, god knows. I sure hoped that it never cropped up again, especially on an interstate trip! All I can say is that these things are bloody fantastic when they work, but they can be hell of a huge inconvenience when they fuck up, no matter what brand we are talking about.

Comment

• The unstable tune that led to the car either not starting or dying while driving also threw up whacko fault codes especially sensor codes...

That's why andy suspected sharing board as the tune on the ecu was fine but it was reacting to inaccurate information coming off the sharing board... The way andy described it to me it was that they accidentally used electrical components that varied the voltages minimally depending on temperature shifts, enough to make the car feel different all the time... When the car cut out or wouldn't start it was when those values were so far out the ecu refused to let the car run...

In the 3 weeks they had my car they redid the sharing board and its been fine since...

PS. GMGrey was never able to tune out the pinging from his car and it was because of the above reason...

Comment

• Originally posted by Corosith View Post
          Strange, Adaptronic just don't seem to get it with giving you this run around, certainly couldn't be good for business being splashed all over the forum, but that's his loss I guess. they could have had all the good press in the world if he had resolved the issue and provided the sort of service that anybody should have from them. Then again, after seeing Fauxpas buying those Glock semi autos, I'd probably want to give him decent service!
          they resolved all my issues. they improved my car tenfold and they only had it for about 5 days. I had great service the entire time. You win some and you lose some.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauxpas View Post
            The unstable tune that led to the car either not starting or dying while driving also threw up whacko fault codes especially sensor codes...

That's why andy suspected sharing board as the tune on the ecu was fine but it was reacting to inaccurate information coming off the sharing board... The way andy described it to me it was that they accidentally used electrical components that varied the voltages minimally depending on temperature shifts, enough to make the car feel different all the time... When the car cut out or wouldn't start it was when those values were so far out the ecu refused to let the car run...

In the 3 weeks they had my car they redid the sharing board and its been fine since...

PS. GMGrey was never able to tune out the pinging from his car and it was because of the above reason...
            When my sharing board died (with the assistance of macca absolutely frying my water temp sensor), the car still started and everything. just ran like a dog.

joy of joys i now have no such thing as a sharing board never have to worry about that shit again

Comment

• Originally posted by 0dd0ne View Post
              joy of joys i now have no such thing as a sharing board never have to worry about that shit again
              Nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by steel View Post
                Nice.
                What do you mean nice. You don't need one either asshat.

Comment

• Blake
                  this is the last I will say about this, we have talked often about this issue, I should have been more persistent like you were.
                  Andy offered to replace the ECU if he found it was faulty after bench testing it.
                  Andy is a nice guy, I have never said otherwise.
                  If you read the emails you will see that they haven't listened to the written word at all.
                  The first point he made on the reply email (which I pasted in on an earlier post) hit the nail on the head.
                  I did a lot more k's than you guys....imagine what you were having then 10 fold and maybe you can understand my frustration when he won't talk to me.
                  BUT
                  It don't think it was as smooth as you are saying, if I remember our conversations well.
                  But I only have as told information.
                  They never fixed your 420C the way I see it, though they had several attempts. That is true to say, isn't it?
                  Infact you changed to the 440 because you had had enough of the 420C and it's sharing board arrangement and paid to upgrade to the 440. Whatever price it was.
                  You know better than me how your deal with Adaptronic went down.
                  You know I made an offer to change as well at the same time you did and I would pay to upgrade if a decent offer was made.
                  I didn't think the offer you said was offered was decent.
                  Seriously I could get the 420C replaced under warranty, sell it cheap, buy a 440 and still come out better.

Faux.
                  I remember your problems well.
                  It was one of the reasons I hesitated at going the Adaptronic route.
                  Thing is they knew about the fixes for the sharing board long before we did it.
                  So that should have been fixed and sorted out.
                  They knew these ECU's were for Matt and for a Ralliart Colt.
                  The sharing board was in my opinion a fix for inherent design problems with the Adapronic ECU.
                  That is to say it was designed with certain cars in mind and it fitted their criteria.
                  Colt and I suppose others cars had issues and the sharing board was to solve those issues.

As I have said before I think Adapronic is the way to go..reflashing is so cumbersome.
                  I have never said until recently anything about my issues.
                  I know I should have been more persistent, but honestly I just don't have time to fuck around.

Nobody else has had any issues of late with the 420C except us. doesn't that ring bells.
                  And Oddone says that the know about the issue. Honestly what more is there to say.
                  And I am sure Steele had issues also with the 420C.

I've never asked for a 440 for free. I 420C had died then I would only expect it to be replaced under warranty and if it had've been going good, I would be happy.
                  But it wasn't going good........enough.
                  That is all
                  this taken me over an hour to write and edit and ....any mistakes I sorry, but I have no more time to waste on Adaptronic.

Powers to be can delete what ever you like for saying naughty shit about a sponsor.

Comment

• Yeah Barry Ive read your posts don't worry about that. Like I said somewhere you win some and you lose some. You had your issues with the ecu etc as did I. My experience was better then yours with customer service if you compare our opinions. Its just how shit happened and we cant change it now. You do have to remember that part of the reason I went 440 was Andy literally wanted to test it out on a colt. I was the guinea pig where as GMgrey and faux were the tests for the 420c.
                    In terms of the smoothness of how the process was, Ive left a bit of detail out due to agreements and business etc etc. it's just how things happen in the real world. You know Im not one for bullshit and shit talkers so I just don't bother half the time.

Comment

Working...
                    X