Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Sydney Adaptronic Install: Sat and Sun 21st and 22nd August 2010 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mine is booked in at jem on thursday the 2nd, i think they might be able to fit another one in after mine (barry), its worth giving them a call

ill be at sureflo tommorow, ill take a look and see if i can get pics. from what i know hes changing the whole exhaust

Comment

• lol paul we are booked in for the same day. You leaving it over night?

Comment

• A1. Not just catback - the whole exhaust is getting changed. I think they have done the front pipe and catback - not leaving it stock. They were going to start from the manifold first but the flange did not arrive in time so they started from the exhaust.

They have not yet done the dump pipe either because that has to mate up with the turbo and they have to decide on where to mount the turbo and do the manifold. Once the turbo is in position they can do dump and the IC piping.

A2. N/A

A3. Go right ahead. The manifold component for the twin scroll custom job is $1000 so expect something approaching that.

Comment

• yeah the guy was saying, and yep i am

Comment

• Thread edited of unecessary comments! I know some emotions spilt over, but guys please look before you leap in future (so to speak). Considering this is the first time Daed has hauled all his gear over to the eastern states and it is the first time he has had to deal with some many cars at the one time, mistakes and errors in judgement will be made - fact of life! Rather than looking for someone to blame, look at it as a positive learning outcome to help out with organising any future installs.

As Fauxpas mentioned, best to keep separate threads for separate states to save getting any wires crossed should Daed want to continue doing interstate installs.

Thanks guys!

Comment

• Originally posted by pAuL View Post
              yeah the guy was saying, and yep i am
              Yeah me to. 165 an hour for max of 4 hours including cold start tuning is awesome. mrt at rhodes quoted me 1200!

Comment

• Originally posted by pAuL View Post
                mine is booked in at jem on thursday the 2nd, i think they might be able to fit another one in after mine (barry), its worth giving them a call

ill be at sureflo tommorow, ill take a look and see if i can get pics. from what i know hes changing the whole exhaust
                Yes thanks Paul, please PM details so I can make booking.

And yes Paul you worked your arse off.

Comment

• Hey lads,

well back in perth and at my daily job after sleeping for 23 hours yesterday and missing my shift and wow im back to normal. So i've missed alot of stuff thats been said in this thread obviously but i must say barry(my27) pretty much hit the nail on the head for most of it. When i was doing his car at my own pace i was much much happier and that included building a loom from scratch. I found that lack of sleep and rushing actually slowed me down because i couldnt fully focus on all tasks at once. While we all got the job done like i said i would have loved to have spent at least an hour a car driving around for a bit aswell just going over things here and there. Im sure there's going to be some big numbers produced on a few cars for sure with the right tuning. I've got some stuff to post up in the brizzy thread but im probably going to push the date back a bit to start of october. I dont want to be rushing around a bit and i'd like to spend some time with my misses haha. Yeah there was a bit of family stuff happening that unfortunately paul had to encounter when i lost it a bit. I will just say briefly that a family member isnt in the best health and had a bad spell that i got a call about which kind of sunk my spirits a bit. Murphys law hey. I must give a big shout out to barry for taking me into his home with his wonderful family and really just letting me work at my own pace and recooperate a bit. Your wise insight and knowledge helped alot barry and i think alot of it is reflected ina few things i've read in this thread. I dont want to step on toes here but i remember offering to do something and barry made the comment along the lines of "dont be ridiculous, you've flown all the way from perth to do this" which i really appreciated because he understood the actual task i'd taken on board. All in all it was a very tiresome weekend and i've learnt alot from my experiences and how generous some people can be for no rewards like faux. Later down the line im considering a stop by in sydney for a day or so just to check back in with people and offer any assistance maybe on the way back from brizzy. Theres alot more positive stuff i could put into this post and thanks but unfortunately i've gotta get back to my job which i must admit i've never been so happy to be back to in my life lol. So thanks again to everyone involved and im keeping a keen eye out on how things go.

P.s - i dont feel the need to comment on alot of replies written in this thread because i feel its been sorted between you all. Its not worth stoking the fire anymore and if anyone wants to know the real truths about it i'd re-read faux and my27's posts because they've said all i need to say. Cheers guys

-matt

Comment

• good to hear you are back safe and sound dude. shoot me your bank details again via so i can send you some money!

random question, is it safe to leave rapid learning for the fuel maps on all the time? i had it on to help with the tune and didnt see a reason to turn it off.

Comment

• btw matt, you know it would have gone smoother if everyone had a catch can.

Comment

• daed, 0dd0ne, pAuL, steel, MYZ27AG ... If you're wanting a disc with vids n pics (Better quality than those posted) pm me a postal address and I'll get you a disc off...

pAuL - Delete some PMs... You're full!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X