Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EOI : Turbo Manifolds

Hey guys,

after seeing one of my mates amazing work with welding and designing my turbo conversion and dump pipe he's interested in making some manifolds. they would look very similar to the photo below but made out of sched 40 carbon steel piping and having a better collection point. for those interested that's a nominal thickness of 3.8 mm making it pretty much unbreakable. sure they wont be shiny but will outlast the life of the car and will be a hell of an improvement over the stock manifold. flanges will be cut in 12 mm carbon steel and welded by a fully coated professional pipe welder who works on major gas projects to the highest standards. atm im getting one made and probably a test one. price would be about 400 maybe less. it will do it justice once i take some photos of mine. advantage aswell would be no need for coating or anything as it could be heat wrapped without worrying about cracking. so what do we think guys? anyone interested

http://www.extremeturbosystems.com/i...fold-800hp.jpg

Bumps up! just pm me when you have the full info on this particular item. Would be very interested if it will cost around 300-350. Definitely on my shopping list!

Comment

Potentially interested in one within a couple of months, but perhaps not with the flange for the stock turbo. If I'm going to change manifolds anyway it might be worth changing turbos. Maybe for a GT25?

Need a retune first though!

Comment

Interested. Price?

Comment

I'd be keen after I get an adaptronic unit. I'd prefer if the manifold fit under the heat shield though (or the one i'm getting off ryan atleast). Dont want spag bowl pipes hanging off the block.

Unit that point I dont think it will help much (damn you and your adaptronic unit daed)

Comment

dead..i be keen on it...but 1 question how easy is it to change the turbo flange...pending on which turbo i may go with in the future...thats alll...
            is it easy to cut off and put a diff one?

Comment

Looks like a very well built manifold. Nice one daedalusjc

Comment

can your friend do a complete turbo back exhaust? like manifold, front pipe and that down pipe? with a cat thats not gonna blow away? im interested

Comment

hey guys wow so may replies. Ok so price will be 400 approx but most likely lower. We can put just about any flange we want on the manifolds. Steel i'd recommend the td04 type turbos. I've got almost same spool as old turbo and 1.3 bar to redline. Plus it means you can bolt on any other subaru turbo if you get the thirst for crazy power.

Oddone- i'd probably make up some stainless steel heat shields at work to fit for those interested

ayu- because of the thickness of the material you could weld several flanges on without any issues. We can put pretty much any flange on aslong as we have cad. Your in wa so we could do a whole fitment.

Edge-lol. I share your frustration. Probably just manifolds at the moment mate. I'd highly reccomend going to a good exhaust shop and getting them to do it from the turbo back. Will end up a hell of alot cheaper than bolt on's

i will have a finished one on my car soon for a few more photos. Lets bring some price fairness back to the community fellow rcolters

Comment

If this manifold and turbo back can get me 130+fwkw I'd be interested...

Comment

chances of manifold/dump pipe combo?? with a T2 flange??

Comment

yup. would be easy enough. dump pipe may need to be custom finished at exhaust shop. it's a bit hard if we cant see the car. manifold would be no issues. why a t2 flange?

Comment

cause thats what garrett turbo's run i think T28 or T25 are good alternatives to the wrx turbo's

Comment

yeah they are but for the colt the subaru turbos share alot in common size wise aswell as fittings. I think i've got a t25 to size up somewhere but imho subaru route would be easier

Comment

Originally posted by daedalusjc View Post
                              yeah they are but for the colt the subaru turbos share alot in common size wise aswell as fittings. I think i've got a t25 to size up somewhere but imho subaru route would be easier
                              i have a GT25R which is a dual ball bearing turbo RRP 1300 from memory sitting on my table ready to slap on i dont want to waste it i had a TD04L but think the Garrett would be better as its new, either way it would make a good comparison

Comment

Working...
                              X