Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Shock Mount Replacement & My Intro

Hi Guys,
    Most of you know me. Kinda the semi DiY guy. I have had the colt for 3 years now or 4 i can't remember lol.
    As the car ages i am slowly replacing parts and doing small RnD. Hoping to reproduce some parts I fit and pass onto other colt friendly people at costs cheaper than OEM/JDM Imports etc

So i thought i try something a lil different than my 'kinda' tutorials.
    Managed to find someone to copy rear suspension mounts so i could supply you guys with them as no aftermarket suspension i have seen come with them and i noticed mine were falling apart at 80k km

I have a couple of sets left and they are going for $145. New pricing $130 - the molder did my second batch cheaper
    I did a small batch to see how interest goes. I hope to do a bigger batch next and try to reduce costs.

I test fitted it to my car and hope to fit em to another Perth car this weekend.

I wrote up a semi tutorial here http://ayu452.blogspot.com.au/2012/0...7ag-rcolt.html

These are the units :

As interest grows I hope to expand to other small bits.
    I have already looked at filling the OEM engine/gearbox mount with urethane ~$120 from memory.
    But i will be the guinea pig for this. I will solid fill it and possibly drill holes into it if its to stiff.
    And the engine mount is another lil thing i am looking into.
    Last edited by Ayu452; 23-08-2012, 06:26 PM.

put me down for a set fo shizzle. i was going to ask you about bushes and rear shocks as i've never really checked mine. get some honda action on

Comment

If Im keeping my car, then Yes, Ill grab some

Comment

ohhhhh u selling hey... ^_^ i have one set left as well, hopefully u dont sell :P

Comment

anyone want the last set, i am on holz soon.

Comment

Be good if you could do a replacement bush for the OEM factory rollstopper - the small end that is.
            I reckon with the extra power/torque peeps are putting out this bush is going to flog out much quicker.

Comment

Finally installed my set of these.

Only drove to the servo and back on them, So have yet to evaluate them.

But fit was perfect, Gave them a good comparison to the stock ones and they are as Identical as you could get, Forgoing some of the weird shapes on the stock one.

The fit in with zero issues what so ever.

Im going to suggest Ayu bumps this for interest and makes a few more sets.

Comment

glad it fits...wanted to get a few more fitted before i run another batch...
                gonna run another batch when i remold our stock engine pitch dampener

Comment

http://ayu452.blogspot.com.au/2012/0...-ralliart.html

Made a new batch of bushes. These are a replacement for:

RALLIART Bushing - Rear Shock Upper (A)

RALLIART Bushing - Rear Shock Upper (B)

Same durometer as before 83A

http://ayu452.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/rear-replacement-bushes-for-z27ag-rcolt.html

Some pictures of the stock Ralliart Items - http://www.rcolt.com/showthread.php?4942-Ralliart-suspension-parts/page2

Other Ralliart Bracing solutions - Ralliart Braces and the Japanese site Version R

Also decided to modify the stock engine pitch limiter.

I went with a 73 or 75A from memory. Can't remember now @_@

Looks the goods. If it is to harsh i will drill some holes in it. I plan to do a similar thing to the other engine mounts.

Last edited by Ayu452; 23-08-2012, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Nice work.
                    Ive got the Ralliart ones which are now out of production. If they're anything like them they are def worth the money IMO.
                    Noticeably settles the back end down so it doesn't feel as vague, bit better on turn in too from memory.

Comment

Hi do you still have any of these available?

I had my rear shocks replaced with KYB shocks but I still get this squeaking noise when people get out of the back seat of my car. Could this be the rear shock mount needs replacement or bushes? My car has done 93000kms. I'm not sure much about these thing so any advice in appreciated thanks.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by alexual View Post
                        Hi do you still have any of these available?

I had my rear shocks replaced with KYB shocks but I still get this squeaking noise when people get out of the back seat of my car. Could this be the rear shock mount needs replacement or bushes? My car has done 93000kms. I'm not sure much about these thing so any advice in appreciated thanks.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
                        My shocks squeak when I go over speed bump but I'm. It worried. Maybe you should try lighter passengers lol

Comment

I could do that lol. My shocks don't make any noise even with passengers over bumps tho, the only noise is the rattling I get from my cusco rear sway bar which I haven't found a definitive answer from forums yet. I think it's the compression of the springs which then touches the sway bar when I go over bumps.. The only noise which bothers me, so just crank up the music and wind up windows lol..

Comment

yeh i still have bushes spare.

ppl get random noises, no idea what they r.
                            urethane bushes could get rid of it or intro a new one...they wont squeak though..

Comment

Originally posted by Ayu452 View Post
                              yeh i still have bushes spare.

ppl get random noises, no idea what they r.
                              urethane bushes could get rid of it or intro a new one...they wont squeak though..
                              do you have any urethane bushes for sale atm? And do you have rear shock mounts as well? Will these work with coilovers? sorry if my questions are stupid.. =\

Comment

Working...
                              X