X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ayu452 View Post
    +1 on a lightened flywheel...i be droppin my box soon would love to stick a flywheel in there

i wouldnt ...

Comment

Originally posted by 0dd0ne View Post
      i wouldnt ...
      +1 who the hell would want a flywheel in their car???
      your only adding weight

Comment

Does any one have a rough idea of at which point boost would/should kick in with the td035 - i had a td04 on my last car, but that was a 2 L - it used to kick in at about 2000rpm ish - does this mean that in a 1.5 litre it would be 2500-3000rpm?

Comment

for an idea of the results that can be obtained from the stage 2/stage 3 packages - check my members ride page (link below)

http://www.rcolt.com/showthread.php?...y-begins/page6

Comment

been about a month now and just wanted say that I friggin love this tune.... car pulls so nicely, took an evo owner for a drive on the weekend and he was very impressed.

RPW version 2 front pipe sounds so nice too, much deeper note than the version 1 !!! especially on deceleration

Comment

Hey, is it possible to keep my atmo bov with a stage 1 - i'm just loving the sound and it's better than a horn in carparks!

Comment

Just had the stage 1 tune done at RPW along with the exhaust package (magnaflow + front pipe + dump pipe) and 3-port solenoid. 25hp gain @14psi. Now I’m running 165hp and the power delivery is so smooth from mid to top end. Bigger gains are to be had with a FMIC so time to start saving. Great customer service as always from Dave @ RPW.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback most appreciated. And no you can't run any atmo BOV on the colt without running into tuning issues, or majorly affecting fuel economy sorry.

Friday was a real rush trying to do two colts at the same time. The other colt pushed a nice 185hp with the most of a stage 2 package but had problems with the stock actuator holding boost properly and spiking like crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitsiman View Post
                    Thanks for the feedback most appreciated. And no you can't run any atmo BOV on the colt without running into tuning issues, or majorly affecting fuel economy sorry.

Friday was a real rush trying to do two colts at the same time. The other colt pushed a nice 185hp with the most of a stage 2 package but had problems with the stock actuator holding boost properly and spiking like crazy.
                    So if there's a choice between 3 port or 1.2bar forge wastegate - which one first?

Comment

Wastegate Actuator - the stock actuators are only a 7 psi and they spike like crazy above 14 psi and very difficult to remain constant.
                      The wastegate actuator is the best way to go first then 3 port.

Comment

very clean rcolt tamega, put my filthy car to shame haha saw it on friday as they were doing mine. As Dave said stock actuator = sh*t, got it under control before we almost threw in the towel. 5 days later major spiking is now happening.

Comment

Cheers Celection. I guess Forge actuators will be next on our shopping list - perhaps sooner rather than later in your case.

Comment

Updates for everyone, we have gone back through pricing and updated our website with new current pricing. Did some minor changes, with now the stage 1 kits getting a wastegate actuator without a 3 port for imrpoved boost control. Prices are generally slightly cheaper as well. Best of both worlds.
                            Any interstate customers wanting a package like this, it can be arranged for similar pricing through one of our agents.

Comment

Do you have an agent in Victoria yet?

Comment

Not really but if you can find a good mechanical firm, we will provide the parta t the same discounted rate as the performance packages, along with the baseline tune

Comment

Working...
                                X