X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPW New Products -Engine internals

We are starting production now of new items due to increased demand from within Australia and especially Europe.

We will begin manfacturing some CP Forged Pistons as a direct replacement for hte stock pistons, and replacement forged steel conrods manafactured by PAR Engineering.

The pistons will be an exact copy of factory so that no boring will be required, although some 020" oversize will also be made for those that may eventually damage a piston / bend a conrod.

The other big one I am starting on is replacement head bolts with a Stud Kit. This is HUGE weakness in these engines, with the factory head bolts being a throw away torque to yield unit, which is known to "Stretch" when provided with high boost levels.

I do't recomend trying to run more than 15 - 17 psi on these engines above 4000 rpm as I forsee head bolts starting to stretch. This is the exact same problem we have the 4G15 SOHC and DOHC engines from lancers which are turbocharged but to date we have not had time or demand to do anything about it.

The last thing I am working on now as well are camshafts and valve springs along with Vernier Camshaft Gears.

Like everything this will take time, but with the upcoming reflash I forsee that we will finally have some demand for these products.

I will keep up to date on this thread as we get more news.

cams, valvesprings and head bolts as soon as there avaliable please

Comment

Originally posted by ELEGNT View Post
      cams, valvesprings and head bolts as soon as there avaliable please
      LOL fuck man, you are quick. What are you planning to do with the car? Targa or something? =P

I'd be curious to see the prices on the stud kit first.

Comment

Originally posted by 0dd0ne View Post
        LOL fuck man, you are quick. What are you planning to do with the car? Targa or something? =P

I'd be curious to see the prices on the stud kit first.
        we will see

does arp ones that you have on your site for the 4g15 fit our car?? same amount of studs isnt there and why wwould they cange size

whats the symtoms of a stretched head bolt??

Comment

fantastic news! Hopefully these are properly R&D for sales...I have met a couple of Spore Rcolts with blown engines using wiseco and crower pdts...probably due to a lack of that painstaking research process!

Comment

we only have ARP main stud kits, not head stud kits for the 4G15 engines at this moment.

indications of stretching head bolts will be coolant leaks, boost leaks etc as the head lifts off the engine block and releases all the pressure out the side. Oil leaks will be another indication.

Comment

What safe boost / power levels could we expect with the head bolt replacement stud kit?

What safe boost / power levels could we expect with forged internals?

Comment

Its a hard one to answer. Because the issue is not so much a boost level but an airflow level, depending upon the amount of comrpressed air in the combustion chamber. Example is you could be fine at 17 psi for example with the stock turbo, or 14 psi on a TDO4, 12 psi on a TD05 .......

But as a rule of thumb, on stock internals I woudl not want to see anything more than say 17 - 18 psi after 4000 rpm, with head stud kit. Once you do the forged internals and Head Studs, then 25+ psi would be acheivable without issues.

Comment

Ballpark costs for all this? Am quite interested...

Comment

These are of course only estimations

(A) Piston Set - CP Forged Pistons and Rings - $1400.00
                    (B) PAR Engineering Forged conrods - $1400.00 - we could get cheap chinese conrods under $1000.00 but do you really want cheap chinese parts?
                    (C) Camshaft Package incl valve springs - $1500.00 - price would be the same regardless of which profile we use.

Comment

Mhmm. Food for thought. So there would never be a need to do anything to the crank?

Comment

i think alot of your R&D focus should be on the head bolts as a highest priority along with the reflash dave.

90% of the owners on here are running more boost than that so i think it would be better for you guys in sales and us as owners for you to focus on releasing this product ASAP!!

buy a head bolt from mitsi send off to ARP and they will make them up easy as that.

seeing lots of people have pills removed/run boost controller/getting adap installed/getting reflash done. i think this will be the most demanded mod over other R&D on less nessesary items like intakes, manifolds and dump IMHO!

Comment

copper head gaskets?

Comment

Sounds a good idea! count me in....

Comment

As long as its not stepping on anyone's toes so to speak!!

Comment

Working...
                              X