X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPW R&D - Intercooler Pipe Kits

Since we have a customer here now who has asked us to fit up an intercooler for him, we have decided to go the whole hog and start making the intercooler pipe kits and get some made in full stainless steel.

Essentially, thanks to the writeup on the forums already on the below post

http://www.rcolt.com/showpost.php?p=63647&postcount=7

we are going to use the same setup. This is for those using a traditional square style intercooler core.

we will be making one kit on this customers car, and send a second kit off to our supplier to then make. We will probably make 10 - 15 kits straight away as being piping only, shoudl be quite cheap.

I don't have pricing yet but we will keep everyone up to date on this. We will supply it essentially, the same as the photo with hosing and hose clamps.

Hopefully for those wanting to do something like this, it will give you more incentive to do a FMIC setup.

that would be good because i'm too lazy to go and source all those indiviual bits haha

Comment

They were a pain for us to organise as well, which is why I hoped there would be a market there for a well priced kit, especially the joiner piece off the turbo which goes from 1 3/4" up to 2".

Comment

Can you do a price with and without ic?

I'd be interested in the whole kit...

Comment

i cant wait to see the finish product

Comment

Originally posted by Mitsiman View Post
            They were a pain for us to organise as well, which is why I hoped there would be a market there for a well priced kit, especially the joiner piece off the turbo which goes from 1 3/4" up to 2".
            yeh i'd say there'd be a market in perth
            i've tried getting the silicon joiners from the local autobahn and they were a pain to deal with, didnt call me back if they could get them and then lost the parts list etc

i've not ever walked into a store that caters for such a small size of joiner, they always have lots of 3 inch piping though :/

Comment

well alba when i get my car back you can have a look at the finsih product cause RPW has my car right now doing the custom front mount intercooler, and im sure RPW will do a great Job

Comment

bord..what fmic did u end up gettin...i gettin my hands on the xr6 cooler

Comment

I'd be up for one of these.

Comment

i got the cooling Pro 550*140*65 2.5" the same one as ommeh, Dave from RPW said that would be a perfect size any larger wont be necessary, its on ebay or from just jap $159 from ebay,

im sure once its done Dave would have or the info and pics up

Comment

We will take some photos yes. The kit we are making for this customer, will be using aluminium piping. He will get the choice of keeping that or when we get the new kits in stainless steel in, he can upgrade to that kit instead if he wants. The hosing will be identical its just the pipe material which will be different.

We will price up the units with an intercooler, but I don't have any idea on pricing yet at this time. Note we ONLY use PWR intercoolers, which are not the cheapest on the market but we know there qaulity is very high.

By Thursday we should have this kit completed and have some photos available.

Comment

Sounds nice....what core are you going to use?

Comment

Originally posted by bor3dboi View Post
                          well alba when i get my car back you can have a look at the finsih product cause RPW has my car right now doing the custom front mount intercooler, and im sure RPW will do a great Job
                          after the recent heat, a FMIC is essential

Comment

that was exactly one of the reasons why i wanted to do the FMIC LOL!!

Comment

I cannot imagine driving without the FMIC at the moment... today it was funny... sit at lights... take off in 1st (kinda sluggish) then change to 2nd and it's all good!!!

The one sad fact is that a Ford Falcon part was needed to improve my Rcolt hahahahaah

Comment

Working...
                              X