X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPW 1.6 Litre Stroker Kits coming soon

We are in the process of building a autocross vehicle for a customer who we are building the first of our 1.6 stroker engines.

We will be purchasing a spare motor so we can offer exchange short motors in the future. These are bored / stroked out to 1.65 litres (To be exact) and are the perfect engine size to reduce turbo lag, produce very broad torque improvements etc.

This particular vehicle will be getting our hybrid TF035/TD04 turbo upgrade, camshafts, valve springs and lots of other goodies. The focus is not on peak horsepower, our aim is around 280hp at the wheels at peak, around 17 - 18 psi boost. Our focus is to keep turbo lag very low, but have torque from 2000rpm all the way to redline to make this a killer out of corners and make use of its power to weight ratio.

We havn't finalised pricing yet but will let everyone know when we do.

We will be providing exchange short motors for those wanting to do there own head work, or a complete motor package up to there budget level.

I will update some more information once we finalise this particular motor build but it will be a very exciting vehicle to drive. I am qutie excited about it.

We have another vehicle we are also building for the same type of racing, but that will stay with the 1.5 litre capacity, but with forged internals and our hybrid TF035 turbo package as well. Although this customer is considering the stroker motor as an option as well.

So we may have been quiet over the last two years but plenty has been happening. The majority of it has been customers slowly building there vehicles up with our staged packages, and we are now seeing these customers transition into what I believe these colts are best for - autocross rockets.

Photos and more news to follow soon

Good stuff

Comment

Wow 207kw atw would be incredible. A rough idea on price would be great. Not quite ready for this on my car, only done 65,000k since purchasing new...but give me a few years

Comment

Wow this is really interesting. You got my attention. My colt has only done 58,000 but I'd consider taking it out and making it a spare and something to work on and put one of these bad boys in my little beast. Will be watching this thread.

Comment

280whp with a tf035 hybrid!?

Comment

Originally posted by odse View Post
            280whp with a tf035 hybrid!?
            TF035 Housing - Re machined with TD04 Internals and TD04 front housing cover. The only thing origonal is the exhaust side of the turbo housing. Maintains stock fitment onto the stock manifold / positioning and exhaust system. Perfect upgrade for those wanting a bigger turbo, not being limited to the stock TF035 internals and retaining already uprgaded exhaust system components.

Comment

Yeah, I know quite a bit about them, as they're used widely in the Starlet community on 1.3L and 1.5 L. I was just curious, as the most I've ever seen a a built 5efte (1.5l) push with the hybrid is 220whp. on 20psi

Is this on a hub dyno or roller?

Comment

This is not an off the shelf turbo, this is one that we custom modified ourselves purchasing our own components. The TD04 Turbo is good for 250hp at all four wheels on AWD model vehicle, it will on a 2wd easily make 280hp on a smaller 1.6 engine very easily.

Comment

Is there a pricetag for this turbo?

Comment

The turbo is on exchange basis, priced at $1200.00 incl GST.

Specs are

TD04H Colt Upgrade

Old Compressor Wheel : 35.87mm
                    New Compressor Wheel : 37.43mm
                    Compressor Increase : 1.56mm

Old Turbine Wheel : 37.08mm
                    New Turbine Wheel : 38.75mm
                    Turbine Increase : 1.67mm

Comment

I have two TF035 stock chargers kept as a replace so might be a good alternative.

Comment

will this be a custom billet crank or the one from a 4G18 or is it a secret.

Comment

Custom billet crankshaft / conrod combination being designed to our specifications. Just waiting on our 2nd hand engine to I can do the final test fitment but so far its all looking good.

Comment

The td04h you were talking about was the tf035-15t at rpw website?? Yeah at malaysia here we can easily get the internal of 4g18. And that was using the crankshaft and piston of 4g18, and the conrod you can either use back the 4g15 or going full internal of 4g18.

Comment

There are chinese brand JASMA that make the stroker crankshaft for 4g15 engine which is dirt cheap.. only cost about rm800 for new..but I wouldn't touch that. Seeking for used 4g18 crankshaft was also around rm800.

Comment

Working...
                              X