Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitsiman
    started a topic RPW Dump Pipe R&D Program - stage 1

RPW Dump Pipe R&D Program - stage 1

Well first update on the dump pipe package for the Ralliart Colt. I am still amazed at how well these vehicles go with the stock system.

First measurements - the turbo exhaust housing is SO restricted. Amazingly restricted its a double hump off the back rather than one smooth path with the first hump for the turbo wastegate which restricts back and then a second hump the same diameter for teh actual turbo exhaust wheel.

From there it goes into an amazingly small 1 3/4" pipe into a cat, out to a 1 3/4" pipe back to the second flange. From there it then goes to 2 1/4" to the second cat backwards.

Needless to say improvements on hand.

What we will be making to replace this is this

A new redesigned turbo exhaust housing with one large opening down to a 2 1/2" flange point

From there into a 2 1/2" mandrel bend into a 4" diameter metallic cat converter. From there 2 1/2" mandrel bend back to the first flange point.

We will be working on the assumption that anyone doing this will be doing an exhaust system of at least 2 1/2" diameter but it will be designed to bolt up to the factory 2 1/4" flange point for those who havn't done it yet.

I think it will be safe to say there are some very very large gains to be had here.

Because of the extra work involved with the manafacturing of the turbo exhaust housing, we will not have a working unit by Friday as planned. Instead we are making our first dummy kit and then will be needing to recheck it on the car at a later stage.

Also our dyno is still down for repairs, it was supposed to be up and running by today and won't be working till late next week. Which works out fine anyway.

So thats the first news, I will have some photos and other information and update our website as well.

• Mitsiman
    replied
    Updating to let everyone know our new stocks of Dump Pipes are due in this week for those that have been waiting on these.

Leave a comment:

• Mitsiman
    replied
    Just letting everyone know we sold out of our origonal batch of dump pipes and we have another batch being made now. New stocks should be in around end of April.

I have noticed that a lot of cheap ebay ones are appearing on the market now - but remember that ours are the only ones with a true 2 1/2" outlet on them and are redesigned for better flow from the bypass valve. They are not just a replacement unit, but a true performance based one.

We also had them made with extra thick flanges for core strength against cracking.

Leave a comment:

• Mitsiman
    replied
    Sorry guys its been a little hectic to say the least. Just spoke with the company making them for us and they beleive we will have new 3 samples on the 10th June. All three units are already accounted for. Once i check fitment we will have the remaining 25 sets made and here within 4 weeks as a priority order. I am jus being super cautious on these to make sure there are no fitting issues at all.

Leave a comment:

• Davo_colt
    replied
    lol yes I'm sure your "dump pipe" is very nice macca :P

Leave a comment:

• Macca
    replied
    The dump pipe has been out for ages. I got one

Leave a comment:

• Davo_colt
    replied
    samples arrived yet dave?

Leave a comment:

• Mitsiman
    replied
    The dump pipes are in stock, we are awaiting final revised samples from manafacturer this week for a test refit and then production will begin in full and new stock within 4 weeks of that time. We are air freighting some limited numbers over for urgent requests for those that want to pay extra for freight and don't want to wait.

Leave a comment:

• odysseyesm
    replied
    Any update on the arrival of the V2 Front pipe kits?
    Also looking for Dump Pipe - Are these in stock?

Leave a comment:

• Mitsiman
    replied
    Updating - we have now stopped sales of our Version 1 front pipe kits. We have 5 remaning sets which we are keeping for possible warranty claims in the future as a backup. Our new version 2 front pipe kits are now in production and new stock due any week now. All future sales will now be utilising the new Version 2 front pipe kits.

Any possible future warranty claims will also have the option of upgrading to a Version 2 pipe kit for a small difference in price if they wanted to.

For those that are waiting or looking to purchase soon, we apologise for the delay but we will advise once new stocks hit our door.

Leave a comment:

• Mitsiman
    replied
    All files and logs have been sent off to Colby to make another version of the software. The issue has been located and a fix is in the wind. No ETA at this moment.

Leave a comment:

• bunnybash
    replied
    Dave, just wondering if we have any progress or news on the files I sent you?

Leave a comment:

• BFLA
    replied
    sounds good, keen to see a comparison, if just for curiosity's sake.

Leave a comment:

• Canberra Colt
    replied
    Originally posted by BFLA View Post
    how much does the stock unit weigh?

I guess exhausts aren't traditionally the best place for weight reduction, but every little bit helps.
    Once I put the RPW system on, I'll weigh the stock system ;-)

Leave a comment:

• BFLA
    replied
    how much does the stock unit weigh?

I guess exhausts aren't traditionally the best place for weight reduction, but every little bit helps.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X