X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by efti View Post
    so was that a standard colt that pulled that figure on the dyno...or was that with the exuast modified? isnt that high for a stock car?
    Originally posted by Mitsiman View Post
    We did our baseline run today on the colt and it produced an expected 106kw at the hubs, around 1kw less than the previous stock colt which is great as there is not a large variation in the vehicle.
    Someone correct me, but dyno at the hubs means at the fly results, ya? If yes, then isn't it lower than the proposed 113kw?? Or maybe its the downgraded fuel we have in aus as opposed to Jap's 100 ron, which results the 5kw difference.

Comment

At the Hubs means a Hub dyno which means the dyno is hooked up to the hubs instead of rolling on the wheels, because it doesnt have to spin the wheels results in a higher HP reading

Comment

Originally posted by lovecolt View Post
        Someone correct me, but dyno at the hubs means at the fly results, ya? If yes, then isn't it lower than the proposed 113kw?? Or maybe its the downgraded fuel we have in aus as opposed to Jap's 100 ron, which results the 5kw difference.
        The 113kw (Manufacturer claimed) is at the engine flywheel. Anything beyond that like to wheel hubs or wheels/tyres is bound to loose kw's?

Im sure there are other Dyno's charts about on the forum reporting around 96kw to the wheels/tyres on stock set up tests?
        so 106kw to the 'wheel hubs' sounds about right for stock setup?

Comment

Hub dyno's read between wheel and flywheel power.

As a general rule, it ends up reading around 5% - 10% higher than a rolling road dyno. But its hard to say exactly because we don't have any wheel slip or the vehicle moving up a roller, we can provide an exact HP figure rather than one that can vary greatly.

We did 3 power runs on this vehicle, compared them to the other stock colt we did last year, and over the total of 6 power runs, there was only a variation of 2kw, mostly attributed to heat soak in the intercooler on the third runs which dropped a touch of power.

Thats not something you can do on a roller dyno.

As for exhaust systems, we will have the result today on it. For those wanting one we can make one any time, average price is around $750.00 for the complete system (Excluding dump pipe). But only in Perth at this time.

Comment

[quote]As for exhaust systems, we will have the result today on it. For those wanting one we can make one any time, average price is around $750.00 for the complete system (Excluding dump pipe). But only in Perth at this time.[quote]

Wow sounds like good work!

Any idea when you will have shipping interstate? I think you may have a few customers in syd.

Comment

hrmm so the $750 would include 2.5" catback, cat, resonator and muffler all in stainless fitted?

Comment

only if your in perth i would gather.

Comment

^^^
                  he hasnt posted up the results yet mate

pretty much if they make a larger dump pipe we will get the most gains possible out of the exuast. Turbo gases comin out of the back of the turbo are larger so a bigger diameter pipe lets it realese the gases better...after that the gases get smaller..so cat backs n stuff arnt goin to make huge diff...its the parts of the exuast closest to the turbo that need to get bigger

hope u understand that, cause not sure if im writing what im thinking that clearly lol

but if theres a larger dump and front pipe we should get good gains from exuast

Comment

Full results will be posted up tomorrow night, with a full writeup on our website.

But in a nutshell - the exhaust made a 4kw improvement in total at the hubs and around a 10nm torque improvement. Fuel economy got worse with the vheicle dropping down into the 10 : 1 air/fuel ratio and actually putting out some black fuel smoke.

The restriction in the front dump pipe is just so restrictive, that exhaust changes by themselves are actually harmful to the vehicle because they make an already bad tune, worse. Our recomendation - don't touch the exhaust until after you have done a dump pipe package.

Once that is done, then we will recheck the air/fuel ratio's and see how they go - I expect them to lean out considerably and make the car much more pleasant to drive.

Full writeup tomorrow with dyno sheets and some photos.

Comment

You are doing friggin awesome work there!

Comment

interesting result, will be eagerly hanging out for tonights update!

Comment

So Mitsiman are you saying that a dump pipe pkg will be a better mod than a lukey rear muffler & bigger diameter pipe if considering them in isolation?

Damn I am baffled as to why Mitz let the Rcolt out on the street with such a poor air/fuel ratio?

Btw thats good work Mitsiman

Comment

Okay beleive it or not this is not a marketing tool but

The main problem with the factory system on the R-Colt is this

It runs a 1 5/8" diamater pipework off the back of the turbo, through the first cat converter, past the cat converter up to a flange which increases to 2 1/4".

But then it goes 2 1/4" up to the back of the car, where for some mysterious reason just before the rear muffler, it goes BACK DOWN TO 1 5/8" again.

So what I am saying is this - the only way to do any upgrades of a R-Colt exhaust is to do BOTH dump pipe and Exhaust Cat back at the same time, because hte restriction at each end is so bad, it nullfies the improvement at either end by itself.

Once we do the upgrade, on the front, we will recheck air/fuel ratio's and really see whats happening, although I have a feeling that it will be necessary to have the car retuned at the same time because the air/fuel ratio's are that far out.

Comment

cmon!!! we want figures, results and prices!! hurry up!!!!!

nah jk make sure you look after Revs colt, but yeah i really want to know how much money i need to have in order to get the exhaust, dump, and short shifter done...

Comment

Originally posted by Mitsiman View Post
                                So what I am saying is this - the only way to do any upgrades of a R-Colt exhaust is to do BOTH dump pipe and Exhaust Cat back at the same time, because hte restriction at each end is so bad, it nullfies the improvement at either end by itself.
                                So, this means only the dump pipe/cat back is required to change and middle section can still remain?

Comment

Working...
                                X