X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mivec

Ok rewired the car with thanks to everyone's favorite redhead moderator.

Now mivec is being a fuck. Turning it on leads to weird power cuts. Gets rich and then backfires.

Any ideas?

Did you get home alright with it off?

Its rather strange the mivec issues, putting it on 5 all around seemed to work, but when it was set to 10 it starting fucking up again.

Comment

Nah man even with it on 0 degrees it still did that power cut thing. And yeah I got home. It only dropped out once even though we disabled it in the aux tab.

Comment

She's all good now. Spent about 5 hours with Andy from adaptronic and he worked through the issue and fixed it all up. Major props to Andy for helping me out. Didn't even want money for it. Cars running beautifully now.

Comment

Originally posted by 0dd0ne View Post
          She's all good now. Spent about 5 hours with Andy from adaptronic and he worked through the issue and fixed it all up. Major props to Andy for helping me out. Didn't even want money for it. Cars running beautifully now.
          Useless news when the solution's not provided for other's benefit

Comment

Originally posted by lovecolt View Post
            Useless news when the solution's not provided for other's benefit
            It was very in depth, Oddone spoke with me this morning.

The wiring was fine

There was just noise on the lines, Interference from the ignition systems. Some capacitors I installed were modded, and some wiring was modded, Oscilloscopes were used lol

Other settings were changed, Shit no one would have known to do haha.

Comment

And i wonder why Adaptronic don't want to take on any installation/tuning job for us??

Originally posted by Macca View Post
              It was very in depth, Oddone spoke with me this morning.

The wiring was fine

There was just noise on the lines, Interference from the ignition systems. Some capacitors I installed were modded, and some wiring was modded, Oscilloscopes were used lol

Other settings were changed, Shit no one would have known to do haha.

Comment

Because its not good business practice. Adaptronic aren't auto electricians or tuners. They design and build ecus. If you know a shop that has the technical ability to install an adaptronic into a colt they will happily supply parts and instructions. I doubt you will find one due to the complexities of the install and the high cost involved with labor.

And if any of the adaptronic guys want some info on converting to direct fire and trouble shooting the noisy signals, shoot me a pm.

Comment

Oh and props to maccas wiring. Andy was quite pleased with the work.

Comment

Originally posted by 0dd0ne View Post
                    Oh and props to maccas wiring. Andy was quite pleased with the work.
                    Of course he was, Its me after all :P

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
                      Of course he was, Its me after all :P
                      cheeky bastard.

Comment

At any point during this did they put a timing light on any or all cylinders and (temporarily) set timing lock on on the Adaptronic ECU to see if everything was firing in perfect sync?

This was before my electrical issue was found, but at the point that JEM initially wired up full seq for testing, the timing of cyl 1 seemed to fluctuate by up to 30 degrees at idle when connected up to a light.

Does the car seem any different now that full seq is set up? Are you going back to tune for more boost?

Comment

oddone they finally did it hey. i fucked around but couldnt get the triggering sequence right. shoot me a pm and a pearl necklace. steel was it only checked on that 1 cylinder or cylinder 2 aswell. reason i ask is idle speed via ignition timing. instead of using an idle valve you can set the idle to be controlled by advancing or retarding the ignition timing. ie random fluctuations.

Comment

When they tested it on mine they tried the timing light on all 4 cylinders one after another to isolate it and only cyl 1 seemed to fluctuate. I think that was the one that was wired to IGN4 (AUX 1) for full seq.

It went all the way back to Adaptronic who reproduced that issue, but then further checked the exhaust pulses with an oscilloscope and found no issue, ie the spark was igniting at the exact right time it was supposed to. They concluded that there was something odd about the ignition pulse causing the timing light to flash erratically and not in lockstep with the ignition pulse. I would be curious to see if the root cause for this was related to 0dd0ne's issue and could be fixed in the same way.

Edit: I don't remember ever being told about idle being controlled with ignition timing in my settings.

Further edit: On the Idle tab from a recent ECU file:

Use Ignition Timing for P and D components of PID control: unticked
                            Extra Elec Load (RPM): 255 Low Batt (RPM): 255
                            Control band (RPM): 50 Extra for A/C (RPM): 200
                            Neutral timeout (ms): 0 Calmdown effort: 0
                            P: 70 PID Pole: 0
                            I: 35
                            D: 35

Recovery RPM 1: 0, Extra effort 0
                            Recovery RPM 2: 0, Extra effort 0

Looks to my layman eyes like it is not being used?

Comment

yup. unticked so not being used. i use it on my car. just lock the manual throttle body and let the ignition timing do the speed control. oddone was the interference to do with the sharing board being grounded to Signal ground?

Comment

Working...
                              X