X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coil packs

anybody else other then matt changed to aftermarket coils?

I know he saidhes got LS1 coils in his... considering doing it.

How hard is it? Config how etc?

I need to borrow/buy a coilpack to swap out, one by one, my current packs to see if they are the source of my weird cut outs...

Comment

Elaborate on the cutouts?

Comment

Runs like there's water in the fuel... just a momentary pause in power, like a spark plug breaking down under load, a dodgy lead, or dodgy ignition...

I had a coil fuse blow at the beginning of the year and ever since then it's been hiccuping...

Happens at idle too... It'll be purring and every 10-30sec it'll have a micro-spaz...

Comment

hmm I've always had random shit like that hey. for me was always tune related or something to do with dodgy wiring to switches (my wiring, not matts)

Comment

If you are changing coils, the best option would be some Toyota Yaris coils, however I wouldn't be surprised if what we run is near identical. I'll have a look on the weekend. However, I think it would be unlikely that the stock coils aren't up to scratch. The only thing that would make sense, is that as the adapt runs in wasted spark arrangement, there isn't suffient dead time between firing events.

Comment

dead and dwell time configurable in the triggering events parameters. im running 2xLS1 coils and 2 stockies still. stockies breaking down give that funny pause feeling you speak about faix

Comment

So is it likely its my coil/s being stuffed or just not being up to the job?

I didn't get the problem till the coil fuse blew... Before that there was no issue...

Comment

Originally posted by daedalusjc View Post
                  dead and dwell time configurable in the triggering events parameters. im running 2xLS1 coils and 2 stockies still. stockies breaking down give that funny pause feeling you speak about faix
                  The breaking down is what I get to. Drives my tuner mental. How'd you rig up the LS1's?

Comment

Originally posted by runuts View Post
                    The only thing that would make sense, is that as the adapt runs in wasted spark arrangement, there isn't suffient dead time between firing events.

This is more than likely with coils breaking down. Wasted spark isn't the ideal but can be fixed with rewiring or aftermarket coils.

Comment

Working...
                    X