Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adaptronic Dyno Results

-Copied from other post to make it easier to find-

Here we go lads. the dyno graphs are in. jem couldnt post them cause he's not infront of a pc so here they are.

This is the first run on my tune/autotune. You'll notice it's leaned out a touch at 4.5k. still within parameters but better to be safe then sorry so jem installed injectors

Photobucket

second run with injectors in

Photobucket

That's some crazy figures when you assume that the stock colt is reported to output 113kw flywheel (151 hp) and 210nm of torque. The closest real stock figure at the wheels i could find was 92kw ( 123 hp)
    Jem's car with adapt pulled 160.32kw (215hp) and 297 nm of torque atw.

Lets put this into perspective.
    160.3 - 92 = 68.3 / 92 = 0.742 * 100 = 74.2% !!!!!! increase in kw atw

297 - 210 = 87 / 210 = 0.414 * 100 = 41.4% increase in torque atw.

(Please correct me if my figures are wrong for the stock colt)

so yeah once i looked at the numbers i realised how crackers it was. notice on the second dyno graph at 4750 the torque seems to drop off. Jeremy has informed me that the tune was set at this maximum to be within safe operating parameters of the stock turbo. any more and it would be over speeding and could cause possible damage to the turbo aswell as being completely out of its ve range. so we could get more power but at the risk of the turbo murdering itself. once i get my car on the dyno i will be able to show you the comparison of going to a bigger turbo or hopefully we can do the conversion on jems car aswell. so there ya go. some amazing power increases with an adaptronic

And to attain those figures? Adaptronic, turbo back zorts, fmic, pod filter, injectors...

Total cost? I wanna know how much a zorst is gunna set me back...

Comment

yup. exhaust plays a rather minor role. the dump pipe is pretty important. the fmic opens her up a bit aswell. get your exhaust custom made. much cheaper than bolt on's

Comment

jezus... fuk i missd out holy fuk 160ATW on a colt.......... dead u r gods gift to rcolt owners srsly

fuk 160atw where talkin evo and sti figures @ only 1100kg... crazy

thats awesome man. wait till i gather some shrapnel lol

Comment

To put those power figures in perspective, a Ford Fiesta S2000 2 litre rally car weighs in at 1197kg, has 210kw & 260nm at the flywheel - the colt would end up with less weight and more torque than this rally car!

Comment

Originally posted by Corosith View Post
            To put those power figures in perspective, a Ford Fiesta S2000 2 litre rally car weighs in at 1197kg, has 210kw & 260nm at the flywheel - the colt would end up with less weight and more torque than this rally car!
            and leave the Rcolt in desperate need of an LSD!!!

Comment

yeah bunny is spot on there. That fiesta rally car is awd isnt it?

Comment

Gday Daed, amazing figures there, im just wondering why adaptronic didnt get figures anywhere near those on first car they put it on in Sydney[ & that car had all the good mods on it, the one written off by the p/plater] ??????

Comment

Originally posted by underdog View Post
                  ...im just wondering why adaptronic didnt get figures anywhere near those on first car they put it on in Sydney...??????
                  Stephen only had a cat back... MRC who tuned it (next door to adaptronic) said to me the cat back was so restrictive they didn't even realise it was an aftermarket cat back... They thought it was stock...

And jemjem has more boost...

Comment

OddOne - yeah bunny is spot on there. That fiesta rally car is awd isnt it?
                    Yep, AWD and naturally aspirated.

Comment

Gday Daed, what were the mods to Jems car so that we know what we need for those power figures? thanks!!!!!!!

Comment

hey man sorry for late reply. umm hes got adapt, big fmic, dump and down pipe, 2.5 catback, pod and now 440cc injectors

Comment

Originally posted by daedalusjc View Post
                          yup. exhaust plays a rather minor role. the dump pipe is pretty important. the fmic opens her up a bit aswell. get your exhaust custom made. much cheaper than bolt on's
                          Daed, I got a quote for a zorst with and without a custom dump pipe... The guy reckons with a dump pipe (he's a rex man) you'd see the power on a dyno, but barely notice it on the street, but it will cause lag on the changes...

Comment

Matt can correct me if I'm wrong but you should get earlier boost with a dump pipe as RPW found with theirs so I believe it would be worthwhile. The dyno graphs with and without the dump pipe are available on the RPW project car page from memory. I know bunnybash found the full exhaust (including dump pipe) made the power feel much more linear as he felt the power come on earlier driving on the street (Matt also had a drive of bunny's car before and after I believe).

Comment

faux i'm getting a dump next week. Hope to get it installed asap. I'll let you know what its like.

Comment

Working...
                              X