Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey matt could you see what you were recording while you were flying or did you only find out later? Pretty amazing effort if you couldn't see what it was pointing at properly.

Comment

Nah, no real way of telling really.. Probably just guessing by which angle the nose is facing.. Done it all in one take too, fuckn genius.. Fuckn sweet vid matt but yeh, first one wud have been better with that hoonagin alba guy showing hes brakie skills..

Comment

that vid put a smile on my dial top effort. would make an awesome chase cam.

Comment

Originally posted by 0dd0ne View Post
          hey matt could you see what you were recording while you were flying or did you only find out later? Pretty amazing effort if you couldn't see what it was pointing at properly.
          Agreed! Awesome!

It would be phenomenal if he was driving AND flying at the same time too! Me waits for the vid made with autonomous rc chopper cam on a twisties cruise! !!!

Comment

yeah 1 take just guessing. i've always wanted to try in a car. maybe in the tray of a ute. it would actually be easier in a car to follow it controlling the heli. gotta get a better antivibration mount though

Comment

plus set the auto stabilizer on the chopper up a bit better. it was pretty windy that day so i had to add more expo to the controls thus the jerkiness. but yeah thought it would be an interesting experiment

Comment

Do you have access to a high power laser? To help you fine tune aiming the camera, not blinding the drivers of course.

Comment

Ha great idea actually. They sell fpv goggles that stream the video to a set of glasses so you see what the camera sees but its quite difficult with a helicopter. You cant take your hands off the controls like a plane. Might have to dust the simulator off and set up a camera view port in it to get my controls a bit smoother.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol, Channel Colt News Helicopter, good stuff!

Comment

that copter is scary in the flesh... i've seen 450s fly but 600 is just beasty

next time Matt, we'll combine some in-car/on-car footage with my fat gecko mount and a HD video cam...

Comment

Yeh man.. I reckon it would be wicked to have in car footage and a navigator wrc style just for shits n giggles.. The road looks so fuckn wrc especially with that small bridge there, medium left 65 jump, medium right dunno how they navigate just taking a wild guess..

Comment

ha we should do a proper version one day down that road. in car/chopper with antivib in pursuit over the bridge. wait till ayu's back. he's a genius with photography and cameras. man we could even chuck the galaxy s2 in the car and log the g and accel forces for some HUD loving.

Comment

Yeh i got an app on my phone that does that.. I just dont have a proper mount for my phone, i use the cup holder

Comment

i got a great holder which works well with Torque to measure all that stuff... it's solid to the car, and can take video at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                              X