X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXE DECA - Saturday 18th August

EXE-Crew’s next Driving Event for 2012 will be D2 held once again at the DECA complex Shepparton on Saturday August 18th.

As with previous DECA events in both 2011/2012, we’d love for you to come along again and have a fun day with The Crew playing with your car’s handbrake and abusing your tyres in the pursuit of better car control.

General public registrations will be open from midday tomorrow; 12:00 noon July 3rd here; http://tinyurl.com/7wfpk2p or see EXE-Crew’s Facebook page.

************************************************** ************************************************** *******
    Saturday 18th August 2012 - EXE-Crew D2
    Venue: DECA Training Shepparton
    Price: $100
    Places: 50
    Format: Individual Time Trials
    Spectators: FREE!

Registrations Open: July 3rd

Entries Left: 48 - Waiting List: empty

Days till 2nd Round Reg Payments Due: N/A

Entry Forms can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/7wfpk2p

Personal Requirements:
    * A valid CAMS L2S or AASA (see here to obtain license: http://www.exe-crew.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3003
    * Long sleeve and long pants of non-synthetic material.
    * Enclosed footwear of some type.
    * ADR-approved helmet, either full face or half face is OK.

Vehicle Requirements:
    * Vehicle in good running condition, this includes:
    - Tyres in roadworthy condition with enough tread
    - No oil or fluid leaks
    - Brakes in good working condition
    - No loose parts, including battery
    - Vehicle interior and boot clear from loose objects (including spare wheel)
    - Fire Extinguisher: Securely mounted via bracket, preferably bolted down within reach of driver. Must be CAMS approved, 1KG or above.

* Aftermarket bonnets (CF/Fibreglass/etc) will require a secondary restraint, such as a strap/chain/belt/pins). This is not required for factory bonnets with a double-latching mechanism.

Notes:
    * Everybody is welcomed, no matter how new or experienced you are at driving. We are friendly and encourage newcomers. There will be Driving/Course Instructors available to assist you if so required.
    * Any non Driving - Driving Instructors will be required to fill in and sign an indemnity form on the Day, this is for everyone’s benefit.
    * Please be on time, gates open 8AM! We will begin scrutineering at 8:15AM sharp, you are also required to visit the pit office for document checks/filling in indemnity form.
    * There will be a driver's briefing prior to commencing at approximately 8:45AM. ALL drivers are required to attend the driver's briefing or will not be allowed to participate.
    * Please make sure your car is prepared, the quicker everybody is ready to go and have their car checked, the more track time we can have.
    * Cars will be divided into 2 groups for the morning sessions; as there are 2 course areas; the skid pan & the back track. Cars are to line up within their groups in numerical order.
    * Course times will be posted on the EXE forums after the event along with the final scores so please do not hassle Crew members for your times during the day, as they will be trying to keep the day running smoothly.
    * This is not a serious event, so please leave your srs business at home, and enjoy having a blast with similar minded peeps. Please drive responsibly and follow instructions, or you will be banned from further events.

Once entries are received, payment information will be sent out. Please pay promptly to secure your spot. Groupings and the Sup. regulations will be released closer to the date.

There is a maximum of 50 entries for this event so if you want you or your friends to be driving, sign up and get your moneys in to lock in your spot! It is first come first served in regards to registrations, so don't leave it too late or you might miss out!

If you are wishing to share a vehicle with a friend please make sure you note that in your enty form so that we can assign you to the same group, and with enough cars between entries so we don't not slow the event down.

EXE will be providing participants with a pizza lunch again, so please bring your own snacks or allocate some time during the 1 hour lunch break to go into town and get some food if you don't like samurai pizza cats Smile

The Course Maps and the Days Full Running Sheet will be published 2 weeks before the event, with the Car Groupings announced as soon as practically possible.

Certificates & Prizes will be given to the winners at the next EXE Crew Monthly Dinner; held on the 1st of every month @ Garage Cafe.

If you have any queries about anything to do with the event, please don't hesitate to contact me.
    Last edited by RedRocket; 03-07-2012, 04:32 PM. Reason: Unlock entry forms

Excited!

Comment

Rcolts head to head!!

Power vs Handling

Who will win...

I'll try to make sure someone videos the afternoon battles and post up the links.
      Spectators are welcome as are 'Instructors' (let me know if you need a form).
      52 cars registered to participate, so a busy day it will be!!

Comment

Originally posted by RedRocket View Post
        Rcolts head to head!!

Power vs Handling

Who will win...

I'll try to make sure someone videos the afternoon battles and post up the links.
        Spectators are welcome as are 'Instructors' (let me know if you need a form).
        52 cars registered to participate, so a busy day it will be!!
        Who else is going, because my car is neither Power nor Handling!!!

It's not cheating if my rear seats are missing is it? 'Cos they will be... I mean they are!

Comment

Originally posted by kalt View Post
          Who else is going, because my car is neither Power nor Handling!!!
          Thought you'd popped the pill? If so you should have more power especially in combination with the air filter.

My only mods are TMR springs and Whiteline rear swaybar.

Maybe I should have said...

Silver vs Red

Who will win?!!!

Originally posted by kalt View Post
          It's not cheating if my rear seats are missing is it? 'Cos they will be... I mean they are!
          Weight reduction is not cheating, AWD is cheating!! Best to keep the front passenger seat in, just in case you wish to take an instructor with you... Also means the Airbag system won't have a hissy fit.

Have you got a fire extinguisher in yet?

Comment

Haha yes cheap power, pill popped (~15PSI) and K&N but on average tyres.

Will remove the rear seats but keep the fronts (pretty sure it's illegal to drive without the front pax seat installed).

Let me state from the onset I want to be able to drive home safely afterwards so I won't be going that hard

Fire Extinguisher has been in for ages since Winton

Comment

Bugger I missed this thread. Could have made it but I'm working
              I would have entered for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by psicolt View Post
                Bugger I missed this thread. Could have made it but I'm working
                I would have entered for sure.
                I thought Peter implied that you had entered (Power!), as I thought you probably would have!! Yeah need to lodge entry pretty quickly, they filled 52 spots out of 50 (don't know how that equates).

Comment

A Big thank you to the EXE Crew for organizing and conducting this well run event, thoroughly enjoyable both as a spectator and participant

Am recovering from a frost bitten nose though... Brrr icey cold Shepparton winds!

Comment

Results are in..... 2 colts in the top 20!!

Great day by all. Loved the crowd cheering when one of the 86's got betten by a Jazz!!
                    Best placed Rcolt... 5th overall!!

Comment

Well Done Peter, best in class!!!

I found it difficult NOT to be competitive and baby the colt around the courses, and just smelling the burnt rubber/brakes/clutch aroma in the air, well....heheh.

Watching the Jazz vs 86 matchup was great fun and the 86 driver was gracious in defeat! There were many good battles!

Some photos of the day, sorry didn't take any on the Wang runs.

DECA Skidpan - lining up for Battles.
                      Attachment

DECA Skidpan - Chillin'
                      Attachment

Awesome Yellow Jazz 86 eater!
                      Attachment

Red vs Silver
                      Attachment

How low can a micra go?!
                      Attachment
                      Attached Files

Comment

Well done lads!

Comment

Sounds like you guys had a great time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tan18_01 View Post
                            Sounds like you guys had a great time.
                            Yeah man it was a blast!

Good thing about events like these is you can record it, upload to youtube and share, and not worry about authorities coming to take your car and license away

Comment

Three of us will be heading up to Winton for EXE's Oct Trackday...

Vic Rcolts seem to be multipling at EXE events! And I know there are more keen to participate.
                              Spectators are more than welcome.

Comment

Working...
                              X