Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great to catch up with other enthusiasts. I'm bitten by the Mod bug...Don't forget those simple (cheap) mode to make life a little nicer you can do the lot for under $20.
    1) Front windscreen sun shield - I used simple black contact, legal to use as long as it's not below where the mirror sticks too, see in photo's
    2) Stubby ariel
    3) Shorter gear lever - you can go shortshifter or just unscew your gearknob and cut off 9mm of the thread which gives it a nicer feel
    4) front grill home made air scoop so stock air intake
    Glad we all had a nice save drive and complied with all driving regulations guys. See you next time

Comment

Finally got my Forge air intake kit from RPW, they didnt send me a pod filter, its advertised that it comes with one and when i called them they said it doesnt...anyways i got a kn panel filter on the way so I reckon ill so that home made front grille air scoop. Thats pretty mad.

Comment

Just converted my car to use a pod filter. Hope the heat soak isn't that bad. Only way to tell is to drive it and see how it goes

Comment

did any of you guys have the stock exhaust still? and if so did the tune still make a difference?
          I wish somebody in melbourne was handy with this tuning stuff as well and have a flash day too

Comment

I live in Melbourne, Brabs. I have a tatrix cable on the way from the states now, so when i sort mine out and flash it, I'll probably do something similar for the Melbourne guys.

Comment

Originally posted by odse View Post
              I live in Melbourne, Brabs. I have a tatrix cable on the way from the states now, so when i sort mine out and flash it, I'll probably do something similar for the Melbourne guys.
              #legend #champ #awesome

Comment

Brabs, my car is stock. Still got the stock exhaust and even stock air filter haha. Pill is removed and actuator arm is adjusted. With the flash I noticed quite the difference. The stock exhaust has a different tone now aswell. 17psi running through this little beast and it holds that through most of the rev range. I have to say its much quicker than when I first got it but looking at it you would never be able to tell.

Comment

That's great! So even with stock solenoid the boost holds longer. Sounds worthwhile.

Comment

Yeah I'm not even sure I'll get the 3 port. I don't know if it's really worth it.

Comment

3 port allows you to bleed off excess boost faster to run higher boost levels and hold it more accurately to redline.
                      Also allows for more granular control of boost overall as well as bringing it on sooner in rpm range.

Comment

Damn son, heard about this meet up from a mate yesterday. Sad I missed out.

Comment

Maybe i'll organise another some time when i'm free. Look out on the rcolt.com facebook group.

Comment

I was getting a burning smell in the car after I gave it a bit of stick - smells like exhaust gasses? Couldn't find anything wrong until I took off the turbo heat shield in the engine bay. Turns out the manifold was cracked through a weld so that under WOT it would leak a bit but OK just cruising around.

Comment

Working...
                            X