X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRISBANE ECU STAGE 1 FLASH DAY

DATE: SATURDAY 1st March 2014 (address will be PMed)
    TIME: 1pm. Cruise afterwards to test out the flash. Quick stop at local park for a few photos. Hopefully space for our colts and a few shots. Drive to Freedom https://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=...60959563113233
    REPLY IN THREAD IF YOU WILL BE ATTENDING. I WILL PM YOU THE ADDRESS.

Hey guys,

Recently Macca has given us the privilege to use his Stage 1 flash tune.
    I was thinking of organizing a day for everyone to come down and get the flash on their car.

I will only be doing the flashing, no 3 port installations and tuning. Will be happy to help out with install though.
    I have all the tools needed.

Just a few notes from Macca:

Code:
    These ROMs have been a group design by a few key rcolt members.

They are supplied for free and to be used as a base tune for a stock car or low modded car.

This is currently used on over 30 cars Australia wide with the only issues being with boost
    levels and boost cut.

Range of mods this can be used for
    -Turbo back exhaust
    -Turbo intake pipe
    -Air filter mods / pod filters
    -FMIC
    -3 port grimspeed boost solenoid

General changed over stock
    -CEL delete for pesky cel codes
    -2nd O2 sensor turn off
    -Spark map changes (max changes are around 3 points)
    -Fuel map changes (Leans the car out from overly rich on boost)
    -Mivec map changes (massive different map, heaps better drive-ability)

Note with large boost levels and high mivec maps the stock turbo can hit WOT surge, not
    much of an issue over the years, but the attached mivec map has tried to tune it out

Note Different intake mods can cause massive differences in boost levels, All cars will need the boost
    levels checked and tuned for 3 port, For stock solenoid, copy the stock maps back in or set it to 100%
    duty cycle everywhere.

This is an easy tune and shouldn’t need dynoing, But use at your own risk, If you want big power, get a custom tune!!

Creators of this file hold no responsibility of its use, use at own risk
    Last edited by stylzjhn; 27-02-2014, 08:58 AM.

I have made 2 changes to Macca's stage 1 flash.
    1. The throttle maps have been slightly tweaked. I noticed Macca's tune had the stock maps and I really hated the over revving the car did when I changed gears.
    2. Rev limit has been put back to stock limit. 6499rpm -> 6702rpm
    This setup worked fine on my car with minimal to zero knock on WOT.
    If you would like the original file Macca released then I can flash that for you.

Comment

I'll try get my bov done by then.

Comment

You already know but I'll definitely be there. Gotta get me some of that sweet sweet Macca flash. I hope like 100 people show up. I wanna see your street packed with colts haha

Comment

Not many people in Brisbane on these forums, so the turnout will be small. Oh well, their loss on the flash.

I was planning on going cruise to a car wash at Freedom Fuels after the flash https://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=...60959563113233

My car needs a wash.
          Last edited by stylzjhn; 24-02-2014, 12:58 AM.

Comment

I might be up for that. I don't know my way around that area, I normally avoid Brisbane like a plague. I don't have any form of gps apart from my phone so I'd have to follow you haha. I really got to get a gps. My last car had it all built in so I never needed to buy one.

Comment

I would go but I have work and my car doesn't go, plus i it has a custom tune, would be keen for a cruise some time in the future

Comment

Yeah kinda a meet and greet. Not sure if my house is a good location to do this but I find it easier to just do it at mine. And if anyone needs to change anything I have some tools.

Comment

Can someone send me the time address and contact number of this meet so I can fwd it on to Power aka Alby.

He wants to meet a some more colt guys, Doesnt need a flash

Comment

Broke a front ARB linkage today. I'll order the parts and try and see if I can fix it Saturday morning and hopefully if all goes well ill still make the meet!
                    Last edited by Kalidae; 26-02-2014, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• stylzjhn
                      stylzjhn commented
                      Editing a comment
                      How did you end up doing that? I thought the colt could handle the hard turns.
                      And that's really easy to replace. Should be able to get it done quick. I ran no sway bar once in another car and it still drove fine haha
                      hope to see you Saturday

It's crazy man. I was actually driving in a straight line and "snap". Maybe I went over a real small bump or something but nothing noticeable.

Comment

Actually now that I think about it, I did go around a corner, not hard but just normal from a dead stop and it made a weird noise then about 20 meters down the road it went snap real loud. It probably had a crack in the bolt or something already.

Comment

I have changed the time to 1pm. People might be travelling from far to get here so i'll make it a little earlier.
                        I should be home the whole day but I might run out somewhere in the morning hence the late start.

Comment

Current turnout list:
                          Me (stylzjhn)
                          Bao (mate of mine)
                          Kalidae
                          later
                          bawbee
                          Alby

Comment

I got the parts I need to replace both linkages of the front sway bar. I have it a quick go removing the broken one this morning and my Allen key actually snapped. gonna see if I can borrow the brother in laws workshop Saturday morning. He has his own hoist the lucky bastard! Even if I don't get it fixed I'm considering driving the car to the meet anyway and I'll just take it slow on the corners.

Comment

Working...
                            X