Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
EOI: [13/06/2011 - 14/06/2011] NSW, VIC, ACT, SA and QLD Interstate Meet. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EOI: [13/06/2011 - 14/06/2011] NSW, VIC, ACT, SA and QLD Interstate Meet.

Its been talked about for MANY years and Kalt just passed a suggestion to me which I personally think is well worth trying. I need to gauge interest and confirm numbers but whats going to happen is on the Queens Bday holiday we are going to drive out to our location and chill out for the day and talk car shit. After, we will tuck in for the night and head back to our homes the next day. This will require A LOT of help to make happen and I'm hoping for someone from each state to stick their hand up and help this event happen. Now the big question is where will we all meet? Problem with interstate is trying to find a location that is smack bang in the middle. Why is this a problem? We live in Australia and smack bang in the middle is literately woop woop land. I've listed a location for people to consider but bare in mind it's closer to some states then others so we're all just gonna have to suck it up and deal with it cause if you're in a interstate meet you've already expected a very very long drive!

When:
    13th June 2011 till 14th June 2011
    Meet in Griffth @ 1:00pm
    Leave Griffth @ 10:00am

Where:
    Griffith
    Originally posted by www.griffithgateway.com
    Lake Wyangan is actually two lakes and are a water storage facility for Murrumbidgee Irrigation. On the western side of the North Lake you will find the Griffith Boat Club and the Griffith Sailing Club (you need to be a member to get into these grounds) and the public access picnic area and boat ramp and camping area.

You can camp for free in Griffith for a few days. At the Willows Park in Kookora Street is an overnight stop fancied by motorhomers. It has pump out facilities and toilets.
    You can also camp for a maximum of three days at Lake Wyangan. BBQ facilities and an ammenties block are provided. This is the better place as it is quiet and a little out of town.
    I've done some research here and I've found that its a nice little town where we can chill out for a night. You will need to pitch a tent. If you dont have a tent then pray one of your fellow rcolters (Like me) have a large ass tent for more then 1. We can also organise a BBQ for lunch/dinner and we can also do some fishing while we are at it. This location is by far the best place driving distance wise for almost everyone in every state except for QLD and WA BUT if you want to come for the meet then by all means come . WA boys dont get the celebrate the same time as us so maybe they will have to pass but the QLD boys should drive down the weekend before and rest in Sydney before making the drive out with the NSW guys to Griffith.

Distance:
    1. Sydney - 574km - ~7hrs
    2. Canberra - 367km - ~5hrs
    3. Melbourne - 461km - ~6hrs
    4. Adelaide - 837km - ~10hrs
    5. Brisbane - 1262km - ~16hrs

Sydney Meet Location:
    http://www.harryscafedewheels.com.au...ol_image_1.jpg
    Harry's Cafe De Wheels Liverpool
    Shop1/ 20 Orange Grove Road
    (Viscount Place, Liverpool Megacenta)
    Liverpool, NSW 2170)
    @ 5:30am for breakfast + fuel and leave 6:00am SHARP! If you're late then you'll need to meet us there~

Canberra Meet Location:

Melbourne Meet Location:

Adelaide Meet Location:

Brisbane Meet Location:

Interested:
    1. Ommeh
    2. Kalt
    3. Smugsley

Yep, I'm interested for sure! But I PMed Corosith about a SA+Vic meet for that weekend! Clash haha!

Comment

Dw scrap for this. I'm sure if there are 4 states involved the merrier the meet shall be

Comment

i tried to organise this about 6 months back. no interest at all

1200km for 1 day is a bit ghey. when i sent to syd last year for queens bday long weekend for TOCAU annual meet we where there for 3 days

Comment

Interested:
          1. Ommeh
          2. Kalt
          3. Smugsley

Dont know whether to meet the Syd or Qld boys for the drive

Comment

to make this work we need more time and through planning. ive done annual meets with my last car club for 3 years now. and the planning starts the day after the meet finishes for the next year.

IMO 1 day isnt worth qld driving 1200+km, its not very central between cities, we have to tent and there is nothing to do out there.

This is how the sydney queen bday long weekend one unfolded last year for toyota owners club:

- Planned for 12 months
            - Over 200 cars
            - Brisbane and Melb drivers left Friday morning at 5:30am
            - Arrived in sydney at 4pm
            - stayed in the sofitel
            - went to hooters that night with about 50 of us and a car meet after with about 200 followed by pancakes
            - saturday show and shine follwed by a kabab run and cruise
            - saturday night cruise through the city and kings cross then up to wisemans
            - sunday cruise to kiama through natinal park
            - sunday night i met up with RCOLT croud wile the other 100 or so people went out to dinner and played aqua golf
            -monday at 7am we drove home

this was planned with things to do. and this queens bday the meet is up here in bris, so unless this cruise goes up like wildfire ill be staying in bris for 4 days of fun

Comment

ill get the a.c.t guys into it i think we need to have it over more days and maby put a event of some sort in it make it worth while even if each state can organise a fundraising event beforehand so we only have to pay for the fuel and accom

Comment

Well more feedback is good. I'm more then happy to extend it out for a few days but I dont know about people and work.

Comment

Originally posted by ommeh View Post
                  Meet in Griffth @ 1:00pm
                  Leave Griffth @ 10:00am
                  this wont work either. to make it there by 1pm. qld team would have to leave at 12am. this isnt going to happen
                  and if we leave at 10am we will get home at 11pm which again is pretty average

Comment

i think maby a diffrent weekend maqby with more notice so ppl can take time off perhaps

Comment

Well Rowan give us a hand here as I;ve never done an interstate meet. What time should we meet? What time should we leave etc etc???

Comment

like ive said ive tried this before on this forum and noone took the cheese. noone shows interest, noone wants to drive and noone has done something like this so dont realise how fun it is. its probly a tad late to organise IMO you need to start organising it like sept last year near where i piped up.

you need to have a 3 - 4 day meet to make it worth it
                        you need to have atleast 15 cars to make it worth it
                        you need to make the area that is fun and has lots to do. ie big captial city. where you can have a show and shine somewhere, have a mountain run, go out on the town, go out for dinner, go to a racetrack etc etc etc
                        and in any captial city/big town by now most of the hotels will be booked out for queens bday long weekend

To be honest if you want something fun to do over that break sydneysiders. drive up to brisbane and attend the TOCAU annual meet with us, we have got a massive weekend planned. but in all honesty your thought is there but timeframe and support no

Comment

Yep, ELEGNTs right, it's too short notice and too short a meet for 4 states. Also keep in mind Toyota club has many more members than rcolt.com, let alone active members. Better to concentrate on interstate meets to start with. I suggested Mt Gambier meet for SA and Vic members, so up to you guys to decide Canberra, Sydney, Brisbane, Cairns.

Start on a smaller scale then work up to a national meet next year

Comment

I think we would get pretty bored out there.

The drive distance seems central and good. Agree its pretty long drive just for a night

Ill be up for a drive.

Comment

Will this work?

I mean this in the most respective way possible but I dont think we are big enough or have enough cars or willing drivers of cars to justify a big meet.

Perhaps we can have a MEET-OFF!... Dont laugh

Perhaps we can have 2 bigger than normal meets, like a Sydney and Brisbane meetup and a Melbourne & Adelaide meetup with (sorry) Canberra members choosing which way to swing...

Gun me down if you wish but that could work (and no I am not volunteering to organise )

Comment

Working...
                              X