X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update, update, update!!

My red 09 Colt now looks like an 06 with the Recaros and lights changed over. Now it has the black interior and the 06 goodies, LSD box, Tactrix 3 Port, Exedy HD clutch, K&N flat panel filter, Forge WG with 1 bar spring, DIY XR6 FMIC, DIY alloy hard pipes, 2.5" turbo back zorst and an Andy custom tune with launch control. The launch control is a fun thing for sure, love it.
    It is getting some knock ATM as it's got a bit of an advanced timing mode when the throttle goes over 70%. This will be addressed soon.

I've also been spraying a bit of matt black plastidip about as I was rushing out for a ride and dropped the MTB on the roof when I was putting it on the carrier.... Not happy Jan...
    Actually vacuumed the car the other day for the 10yr Rcolt forum cruise, only had it for 2 yrs... Anyways we had 15 colts in one place which was fairly epic, I'll put up some photos on here soon.

Got another mod plan happening after re-qulifying my welding certificate (after 26yrs!) the other day. Didn't need to be certified but wanted some expert advice on how to do it properl after so long off the job.

Comment

• Feedback on the clicking noise I was talking about in post #442.

It turns out it's the front axle nut not being tight enough. After replacing the clutch I didn't tighten them up enough - about 260Nm or 190ft/lb. My 1/2" torque wrench only goes to 150ft/lb so I thought I was around the mark after using a breaker bar but I got hold of a Torque wrench which goes high enough.
      ​Make sure you tighten them properly!

Comment

• Smashed the front left splitter on the kerb avoiding some knob pulling out of a side street the other day - new 'aero' to be fitted soon...

Modified TF035 with TD04-13T internals soon to be installed - will be running Denso 565cc injectors.
        http://www.rcolt.com/forum/motor-sec...=1495329865030

Comment

• Hey man. Im in Namibia and how can i order parts for my Version R. The local guys no help Sent from my GT-I9060I using Tapatalk

Comment

• What parts are you after?

I would be getting onto Danny at HTEC Elite in the UK - check Facebook for his details.

Comment

Working...
            X