X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The rebirth of CarbonColt...

Hi everyone. Finally found some pics of my Colt from the 'old days' stored on my harddrive.

This girl has had a hard life. Many, many, many labour hours and lost weekends have gone into my baby to restore her to her former glory (with a few sneaky additions).

I purchased her back in July 2008 with 1003km on the odometer. All works were carried out by myself with help from my brother between Jul 08 and Dec 08 (mainly weekend work). I lost faith close to the end as it was hard to find time to work on her and threw the project on the backburner, however got my ass back into gear and finished her off.

She is an amazing car to drive and an absolute pleasure to mod when she doesn't hiccup

I'll heep this thread updated as new additions and pics come along so stay tuned...

For your viewing pleasure below.... Enjoy!

More damage...

Comment

Looked like she copped a pretty hard hit. Is she back to her former glory (or better)? Did you buy it as a repairable write-off?

Comment

And more, in process of repair, and prep for paint.

Comment

Yeah repairable write-off. 10K for the wreck which was a bit much. 3 asian brodah's kept pushing the price up... Grrr. CarbonColt for the Win! lol

More Pics... A picture tells 100 words..

Comment

Paint and polish...

Comment

Now for the finale. Her sneaky lil addition before rego.....

A RICE SPEC CARBON BONNET!!!

Just a lil something to make her unique. I wanted to give her an agressive look that was easy and legal. Paint used for this effect is gloss black, Porsche silver, and a translucent Graphite mist over the whole effect to blend and create depth.

Please dont hate on the Faux Carbon bonnet. Peace.

Comment

Wow, very good job Is the bonnet an actual CF bonnet (like others have purchased on the forum) or is it a CF skin over the standard bonnet? Only reason I ask is that if it is one of those CF bonnets, the inspection pit might not pass the vehicle because I don't think they're ADR approved.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonColt View Post
                  Now for the finale. Her sneaky lil addition before rego.....

A RICE SPEC CARBON BONNET!!!

Just a lil something to make her unique. I wanted to give her an agressive look that was easy and legal. Paint used for this effect is gloss black, Porsche silver, and a translucent Graphite mist over the whole effect to blend and create depth.

Please dont hate on the Faux Carbon bonnet. Peace.

no hate from me, i wanna see pics of it on the car dood

Comment

Wow, very good job Is the bonnet an actual CF bonnet (like others have purchased on the forum) or is it a CF skin over the standard bonnet?
                    Neither. When i got my car inspected and rego'd there were no carbon bonnets made to suit Ralliart Colts.

Only reason I ask is that if it is one of those CF bonnets, the inspection pit might not pass the vehicle because I don't think they're ADR approved.
                    LOL I got that response from the Blue slip station inspector.

As he walked towards my car he said I can't pass ur car straight up because of the carbon bonnet....
                    I said: Oh, Yeah... just 'tap' on it.
                    Inspector says: "Duhh .... it's a steel bonnet"
                    So funny to see the look on his face change.

I told him how I painted the Carbon Fiber effect on the genuine Mitsubishi Bonnet. He appreciated the effort which made me happy.

Comment

hell i appreciate the effort mate! you should come over here to perth to paint my bonnet!

looking nice man

Comment

sohow much did all the repairs set you back?

surely a nonwreaked one would have been cheaper.

Comment

no hate from me, i wanna see pics of it on the car dood
                          Sorry Joe... I knew something was missing...

PS: The VTI Jazz is also a repaired Write-Off for the Missus... just waiting for the inspection date.

Comment

hell i appreciate the effort mate! you should come over here to perth to paint my bonnet!

looking nice man
                            Thanks Bunny.. the recognition is always appreciated. In hindsight, If I knew how hard it would be to perform some repairs I would have never of taken this project on.

sohow much did all the repairs set you back?

surely a nonwreaked one would have been cheaper.
                            Ok So Cost totally blew out for this project. Im usually on spec with my estimates however I couldn't find a R-colt being wrecked at the time.
                            I had a budget for $2500 for parts however not finding a R-Colt for wreck forced me to buy all parts genuine from Mitsubishi. Even with Public trade price, parts totalled almost $5000.

My Colt = $10000 for the wreck, $5000 for parts and repairs, $1600 for inspection, compliance, rego, Insurance.

$16,600 was a bloody cheap 2008 complied Ralliart Colt at the time in as new condition with 1000kms on the odometer. Almost half price on a new model.

Comment

16,600 is a GREAT price for a rcolt, WITHOUT the 1k on the odometer

Comment

Working...
                              X