Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took the car to a dyno day on the weekend, 3 power runs, final figure was 134.5kW at wheels (at 4730rpms) which was a little short of what I was hoping for. AFR's at this power were hitting my target of 10.8 but i've since adjusted to make them less conservative which should net a few more kW. Have also pushed out timing one or two degrees in some spots. Hoping to hit a dyno day again before I change turbos.
    Biggest issue with peak kW is the drop off in boost. Peak power should be higher in the rev range.. I wonder if the stock wastegate actuator is also contributing to boost drop off (and not just turbo)..
    Last edited by andy; 16-08-2016, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Wow been ages since I've done an update. Meant to be working so will keep it brief.

Front tires are now Nangkang AR1 semi sicks (Soft! 80TW), Goodride RS semis on the rear (not really a semi, only 180 TW). I've improved my Collingrove hillclimb time PB to 37.83

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRNH_gyMBG8

Comment

Then I've upgraded the turbo - finally put my tf035-15t hybrid on, that had all sorts of complications but really happy with the changed power curve. The top end still experiencing boost drop off, i think the WG actuator is blowing open up high - so an uprated one is on my list of upgrades. Perhaps should have done that before changing turbos - the stock unit might have been able to hold more than i thought!

Have hit another dyno day, this one different dyno (Custom Imports), other dyno was Graham West. Anyway result was a slightly disappointing 135kW. Other cars there said the dyno was a bit of a heart breaker, citing their figures down -10-20kW (on Evo's) but boost at 6k was actually slightly lower than with stock turbo, so i think its probably about right. Need to fix that WG actuator. Car does feel decently faster around 4k so once its sorted, should be happy days.

Also did my first circuit - Mallala Raceway as part of GSR/EVO Club's Twilight Time Attack, in the come and try section. Was the most fun ive had in the car, if you haven't tracked yours even if you dont take it that seriously, its a blast.

Video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lna6ts46eWk Since putting up the youtube video i got the official GPS data, showing 1m26.2 as my best time

Comment

Parts Waiting Install
          Exedy HD Clutch
          Braided Brake lines
          Whiteline anti-lift kit
          Ralliart Fender Brace
          MAF adapter & pod setup OR Swapping airbox for Evo 7/Airtrek
          Valliant Rear Wing (So i can join the BIG WANG Club! Needs painting first)

Parts on wishlist:
          Lightened Flywheel

Next Mod plans:
          Trial Evo X injectors (as experiment, curious how they'll work out)
          E85 tune

Comment

Big wing fitted, also fitted ralliart triple gauge 1din. Some pics here http://turbocolt.com/my-car-update-r...auge-big-wing/
            Hey all, Been ages between posts. Thought Id break the drought with some photos of my new ralliart gauge setup and larger rear wing. The new wing: And another shot

Comment

Working...
            X