X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a long drive

Left sunshine coast qld for the holy grail, RPW perth. Dave, Wayne & Rob waved the magic wand over my 08 ralliart. The best road of the lot was the Nullarbor nice & smooth.16 motels & cabins were great. $2.10 a litre for unleaded 91 at Nullarbor roadhouse.Total 8963 klms all round.
    Return trip featured 2 1/2 inch exhaust, norge acuator, induction pipe kit & reflash.
    Now called Hurbo the turbo with all that power & torque.

power

Gotta get a pat on the back for doin it with no cruise control.
    Notice any difference in the fuel economy for the return trip?

Comment

You drove to perth just for that?

You got ripped.

Comment

that is epically awesome... there should be some kind of monument in hurbo's honour!!!!

Comment

the question i suppose is .... WHY????

Comment

Originally posted by husky510 View Post
            the question i suppose is .... WHY????
            for the adventure...

Comment

i could think of plenty of things that have adventure and don't involve 9000klms of driving

Comment

after doing a trip from townsville to melbourne i have to go gratz on the stamina button upgrade , though i do think the drive would be easier in the 08 than the 06 due to the seats allowing you to move round a bit more . since i just got back from perth (chogm duty) what did ya think of all the flies as soon as you stopped , i've come back with a complex about swarms of flies argh , shame i didn't get to see any colts over there or go to RPW even though i almost drove past it twice sigh! , ah well good job on the drive , maybe make a small map on the back of the car showing where you have driven to .

Comment

for those who are asking "Why?" there are some people who just do crazy things for the fun of it... Daedel does some of the most crazy stuff, simply because he can... and how we have another crazy SOB who could never be accused of being "all talk" and me i sit back and love it

Comment

I can see the sense in it all, some of us just have a drive for doing something a little out of the ordinary, I see it as a form of freedom to get out there and drive long distances to where ever you want, most of my trips are unplanned and make it up as you go along.

My old rock hopping Suzuki Vitara (carby 1.6l) did a trip from Adelaide to Sydney (where lots of rock hopping and mud bashing was had), then drove to Coff's Harbour and back to Adelaide via Tamworth, Parkes Hay Plains (where my wheel nearly fell off) and back to Adelaide. The stint from Coffs to Adelaide was completed in the one sitting - with the odd stop of course.

Next trip I took the same car from Adelaide to Perth, Perth to Albany and back, then back to Adelaide - the Nullabor is pretty damned boring but at least I can say I've done it. Didn't have one single mechanical issue the while trip.

Next car I got was a 200sx and that went on a christening trip from Adelaide to Coff's Harbour via the Hay Plains (almost as boring as the Nullabor, then to Sydney, Blue Mountains, Bathurst, Albury, Mount Macedon, Geelong, Great Ocean Rd, Warnambool, Mount Gambier, Naracoorte and back to Adelaide. The Great Ocean road run is a must for all colts owners.

One thing I can recommend for any car doing long distances is to invest in a car bra for your ride, they are fantastic - they save your ride from stone chips, locusts and assorted bugs from cooking themselves onto your paintwork and make the clean up afterwards 100% easier.

Comment

I used to ride mcycles with a mate for fun. We would head off on Friday night from Sydney and hit Tamworth or Melbourne for the weekend. We headed to Melbopurne one Friday night, got there at 6am had breakfast in the Markets fresh fuit/ham ect got bored and headed straight back again. Ended up pissing down rain on a back road on the south coast just after dusk. We kept riding (ended up side by side to help with the headlight vision) f%ck knows how we didn't crash. All on 250cc shitbikes

Comment

nullabor is definitely on the bucket list

furtherest north is Perth -> Exmouth (about 14 hours of scrub and desert)
                        i've also done the Perth -> Kal -> Esperance -> Albany -> Augusta -> Perth round trip... which was torture in hindsight...

I'd do more touring with the missus but the Colt is too small for the long trips and the X-Trail is a little floaty at high speed.

Comment

Originally posted by alba View Post
                          nullabor is definitely on the bucket list

furtherest north is Perth -> Exmouth (about 14 hours of scrub and desert)
                          i've also done the Perth -> Kal -> Esperance -> Albany -> Augusta -> Perth round trip... which was torture in hindsight...

I'd do more touring with the missus but the Colt is too small for the long trips and the X-Trail is a little floaty at high speed.
                          Living in WA with the Colt, it would sure be nice to have Cruise control... for me cruise control is going to happen before LSD... realistically for me, the LSD would not be as noticed in day to day driving as cruise control will be - plus my wife keeps getting damn speeding fines!!! (freakin Los Angeles drivers!!! only got 1 speed - flat to the floor) In sayin that she would probably notice the LSD hahaahahaha

Comment

my longest trip was from darwin to melbourne via port augusta in 3 days got to love those unlimited speed limits down the middle of australia , weeeeellllll i didn't see any speed signs at the speed i was going ;P and my most interesting trip was from melbourne to adelaide and back via the great ocean road in one go (stops for fuel) , great ocean road at 2am is awsome felt like i was in one of those rally video's with the lights going over the cliffs.

Comment

No corners is zero fun, hopefully powers really opened her up on the straights, especially out in the woop woop

Comment

Working...
                              X