X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD04 Conversion (Heaps of pics)

Here's all the pics. check out the damage on the turbo wheel. dunno what thats from'

Photobucket

Stock vs td exhaust inlet

Photobucket

Photobucket

Prepped manifold

Photobucket

Compressor wheel comparison

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Inducer housing

Photobucket

Unexplained damage

Photobucket

Mick the master Starting the manifold

Photobucket

Photobucket

Some welding

Photobucket

Checking the level.

Photobucket

Tacked and fitted in position

Photobucket

Photobucket

Starting the dump pipe

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sifu in action

Photobucket

Photobucket

All tacked up

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

All welded up..with a stick welder. remember this is sched 40 material. i wish i'd taken some photos after we finished it and cleaned it. seriously some amazing welding

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

and the stupid thing about it is i dont even have a photo atm of it all mounted and in place. here's a quick vid though' listen to the hilarious flutter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdh05WcKnQo

Originally posted by daedalusjc View Post
    and the stupid thing about it is i dont even have a photo atm of it all mounted and in place. here's a quick vid though' listen to the hilarious flutter
    its cuz u got excited to put her back together and take it out for a run

Comment

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Comment

done any 0-100 times with ya phone yet??

Comment

Daed what ECU are you running? Adaptronic? or stock?

NICE setup man! SOOOOO tempted to keep the rcolt >

Comment

Daed' self-installed an adaptronic and also popped one into jemjem's...

Daed' will likely do an east coast trip to install adaptronics into other rcolts... Get on the list tommy!

Comment

If I were you I wouldn't sell tommy, as daed has shown what's possible with the Adaptronic already (bigger turbo, launch control etc), with 200+kwatw not too far away

Comment

I didn't realize you just modded the autobahn88 manifold. Rather handy it all fitted well.

Ommeh Adaptronic

Comment

interesting how you did the dump pipe.... is the actuator on the turbo in these photos... cant quite see it. Is there enough room for the waste gate latch to open?? It doesn't look like one of the most efficient dumps with the waste gate opening directly into a peice of steel. I may have it wrong... or are you doing an external waste gate in the future??

Comment

it looks so easy. i hate people who can weld. fuckers.

Comment

So do you think this dump pipe would be ideal for TD04 applications... or is a better to have a dump properly made... cause obviously dead's version would be quite easy to have made

Comment

lol husky you couldnt be anymore wrong. making the dump like that was an absolute effort. we wanted optimal exhaust flow so the whole way through the dump there are no tight corners or edges just smooth flow. the wastegate didnt really matter. we figured it was opening atleast 60 - 75% and never had issues with it. trust me it wasnt an easy task to get it in there or make it. that aircons damn close. if you were going to make a new dump and downpipe it would be alot easier but we wanted it to match the stock exhaust

Comment

sorry daed, 'easy' was the wrong word... I can see the work in the pipe work and it doesn't look easy... i suppose what i was getting at was it looks like an easier concept or 'simpler' concept than having to manipulate steel to the shape of the base plate... I like the idea of it... if it works well. I understand totally, the amount of work in the turns of the pipe work

Comment

nah your right mate no offense taken. it'd be easy if mick and i werent so picky i guess. you could put one together and have it so-so but we tend to be a bit finicky. um the base plate for the td04 we took a gasket in and just got it laser cut and got the outlet hole put in the place we wanted. the tf035 is alot easier due to its offset angled outlet anyway whereas the td04 tends to exit flush

Comment

Hey daed, how hard was it removing the original flange off the turbo manifold? If it comes to it I may also go this route to fitting another turbo. Though it may also be wise I guess for someone like me to give it to a shop to do... :P

Comment

Working...
                              X