• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great lawocg!

Comment

UPDATE: 2mm Aluminium instead of ACL

Redone the heatshield in 2mm aluminium.

Only additional step needed is to wetsand the finish with 2000grit and then polish with any metal polishing compound.

initial alu

Finished result is in my members ride thread

Comment

Looks heaps better in aluminium versus the other heat shield material. The previous material is more at home under the car in transmission/exhaust routes. Mmm, I have a sheet of aluminium sitting around in the shed, probably too thin though.

Comment

Yup haha but the ACL stuff works just as well if not better. The 2mm aluminum I used was heaps harder to work with though.

Comment

Looks good, but needs more polish. Come around someday and I'll hit it with my "Powerball". Makes metal 11ty times shinier

Comment

I thought I was the only one you hit with your power balls =(

Comment

Originally posted by XLD380 View Post
                Looks good, but needs more polish. Come around someday and I'll hit it with my "Powerball". Makes metal 11ty times shinier
                http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/...0/IMG_0827.jpg

i hope it's not the "mini" powerball :P

Comment

How much clearance is required between the front edge of the shield and the fan enclosure??

Will the engine roll enough to bump it?

I put mine on tonight (will post pics) and test it soon, pics to come.

Comment

I thought you died damo

Comment

? When?

Comment

There's a good 5cm + of clearance, no chance of hitting against fan shroud!

Comment

I got clearance of about an inch? Might either cut a piece out, or see if its causing issues. Theres a certain degree of flex in the titantium, i think itll flex abit to save any destruction.

Comment

Is it hitting something Damo?
                            I can whip up another one if it is, doesn't take long.

Comment

i reckon its bumping, but you cant hear it. In anything for safety - just needs that front right lip (as your looking at it) corner just cut back a bit = probably 2 square inches would do.

http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/x...psb2a82969.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X