X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRS light issue

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone has had an issue with their SRS light before?

I installed my car audio system. An I believe it has a faulty code because I started the car with the seatbelt sensor unplugged.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Or erase the code?

I really need this fixed as I'm driving my Rcolt to Blairgowrie on Wednesday

Cheers

Only a dealer or someone with the correct SRS Airbag units can reset this code.

The SRS electrical unit is separate to the ECU databus.

Just get them to erase it next service.

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
      Only a dealer or someone with the correct SRS Airbag units can reset this code.

The SRS electrical unit is separate to the ECU databus.

Just get them to erase it next service.
      Dammit. They want to charge me $140... Found another guy that'll do it for $45. Ryde Motor Group say its not covered by warranty because the fault was caused by me. Seems like nothing is covered under warranty.

Comment

SRS is a warning for the operation or non operation of the airbags... i dont believe it has anything to do with the seatbelt light on the dash.
        Supplemental Restraint System...
        Supplemental... as in: In addition to the "standard" restraint system of seatbelts.

Having said that Ive installed shit into half a dozen cars with air bags and never had an issue with SRS taking a shat. Is it really that easy to upset it?

Comment

Lol my airbag sensor is attached by a cable tie and has been crushed between an intercooler pipe and crash bar. I reckon it's electrical.

Comment

There are two plugs in the kick panels that have some SRS wires thru them. If they are disconnected or any other plug and the car it turned on it will latch a fault.

It will just be a latched fault. Reset and it should be fine.

I did it to Ryan's car. He jus had it reset next service.

Comment

Front impact sensor in yellow. There's one on the other side of the car and one on either side on the B pillars. Basically all emergency equipment has yellow plugs.

Comment

There are two plugs in the kick panels that have some SRS wires thru them. If they are disconnected or any other plug and the car it turned on it will latch a fault.

It will just be a latched fault. Reset and it should be fine.

I did it to Ryan's car. He jus had it reset next service.
                I started the car with out the front two seats. I'm pretty sure that's what set it off.

I called mitsubishi Zetland they said the same thing. Says its common in evos and colts when installing electrical equipment.

Comment

Do you have recaros?

Starting the car with the seatbelt plug disconnected on a recaro seat will do nothing. It's a basic ground to earth switch.

The wires for the seat belt pretensions are not in a yellow loom if I remember correct.

Comment

Do you have recaros?

Starting the car with the seatbelt plug disconnected on a recaro seat will do nothing. It's a basic ground to earth switch.

The wires for the seat belt pretensions are not in a yellow loom if I remember correct.
                    Yeah I have recaros. So you don't think it's that?

Comment

Nope, I have done it a million times with my car.

Not to mention I just checked over the wire diagram for the SRS system, and the seatbelt switch doesnt input into it at all. The seat belt switch plugs directly into the Dash cluster ECU

Comment

Working...
                      X