Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll tell you right now that it will be a dirty contact on the ABS sensor on one of your brakes, i've had this issue happen on other cars countless times before (well, on peugeot's).

Get a mechanic to check and test the ABS sensors on each of the brakes, it may be as simple as cleaning the contact points (they have a tendancy to get grime build-up). Worst comes to worst, a sensor will have to be replaced (shouldn't be too exccy)

My 2 cents

Comment

fixed it along with some other shit. the cause....some clown previous owner or tech had adjusted the brake pedal arm screwed all the way down causing the pedal damper to no longer make contact with the brake pedal switch....thats all it was. no brake pedal switch thus brakes were always acting as they were on. crazy shenanigans.

Comment

Lol and old mate was going to trade in his colt because of that!

Comment

Lol took all night but there's a first time for everything aye daed!! Ahahaa

Comment

yeah man for sure. def first time for that. will sort out the next shed day and get ayu up for a play aswell. i know ive got that 3 port and maf adaptor somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by daedalusjc View Post
              yeah man for sure. def first time for that. will sort out the next shed day and get ayu up for a play aswell. i know ive got that 3 port and maf adaptor somewhere
              so whats being done to fix the problem? its really the speed sensor issue?

Comment

Originally posted by lovecolt View Post
                so whats being done to fix the problem? its really the speed sensor issue?
                See post 48!

Comment

Working...
                X