Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
traction control & engine light Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • traction control & engine light

    today i tightened my dumpvalve all the way
    i expected it to flutter hard when boosting to +-1 bar and letting go but it didn't do anything
    no vent no flutter, nothing. it felt like driving an NA car lol
    then on the highway in 5th gear i boosted to around 1.2 bar
    traction control & engine light came up, also the engine started stalling (i think this is the right word for it)
    put the car aside, popt the hood and loosened the dumpvalve
    then i removed the fault code with my scangauge (forgot the fault code) and i tried again
    still same problem so i turned contact on and off a few times, removed code again then start everything was fine
    i guess this is because the engine didn't get any air back like from a vta bov
    but why the traction control light and why was there no flutter??

  • #2
    I get the same with my vta bov damn check engine and traction control lights. Usually have to let the system stay off for 20-30sec before restarting. I think from what I have read here that it's cause the system reads a massive air movement and richens up the fuel. You have to play with the adjustment to find the sweet spot and I find that if I change driving style (ie drive like a granny for most of the drive, then give it a boot) it seems to happen much more

    Comment


    • #3
      It's cause the ecu is freaking out not getting the expected air back in the system. You are putting it into limp mode.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by havoc_rah View Post
        I get the same with my vta bov damn check engine and traction control lights. Usually have to let the system stay off for 20-30sec before restarting. I think from what I have read here that it's cause the system reads a massive air movement and richens up the fuel. You have to play with the adjustment to find the sweet spot and I find that if I change driving style (ie drive like a granny for most of the drive, then give it a boot) it seems to happen much more
        Whats your BOV? I'm running the Turbosmart Dual Port and it sounds well plumback and sounds even better when it's vta. I have a pod set up as well and it runs smooth as no probs.

        Comment


        • #5
          I have a turbosmart dual port (the big red one lol) its done up as tight as it can go, I also have pod, and on low boost it flutters nicely then full boost pppttsschhh hehe (yes I still get off on that sound, yes I am from the country lol). touch wood, no cels from this set up

          Comment


          • #6
            Corrie I have an hks ssqv full vta so I just have to keep playing with it I guess

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by havoc_rah View Post
              Corrie I have an hks ssqv full vta so I just have to keep playing with it I guess
              Or if no love - maybe just get another BOV that the car will like ey (:

              Comment


              • #8
                colTwes
                mitsiman from RPW mentioned to me to make sure i set my forge bov up properly or i could get cells.

                i think this is what happened to you, put it back where you had it and it should be good.

                i think mines at 25 clicks or 20, cant remember.

                what did you have yours set at before cells.

                LG1

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by LG1 View Post
                  colTwes
                  mitsiman from RPW mentioned to me to make sure i set my forge bov up properly or i could get cells.

                  i think this is what happened to you, put it back where you had it and it should be good.

                  i think mines at 25 clicks or 20, cant remember.

                  what did you have yours set at before cells.

                  LG1
                  i had it at 25 clicks
                  when the colt wasn't tuned i also tryd tightening it to +50 clicks and i got some nice flutter
                  so now i thought more boost = more flutter but apparently i was wrong lol
                  thats what i find so strange...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    If its still a vta bov, more boost will open it up hence less flutter?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      friday evening i was driving around not too hard and weather was dry aswell when sudenly the traction control light came on
                      it didn't flash just came on and stayd on till i turned the car off
                      after about 10-15 min i started again everything was back to normal
                      no other cels and my scangauge didn't read any fault codes either
                      what could this have been?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        http://www.rcolt.com/showthread.php?...going-on/page5

                        Post #1 sounds like the same issue you're having, post #48 the solution

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X