Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• traction control & engine light

today i tightened my dumpvalve all the way
    i expected it to flutter hard when boosting to +-1 bar and letting go but it didn't do anything
    no vent no flutter, nothing. it felt like driving an NA car lol
    then on the highway in 5th gear i boosted to around 1.2 bar
    traction control & engine light came up, also the engine started stalling (i think this is the right word for it)
    put the car aside, popt the hood and loosened the dumpvalve
    then i removed the fault code with my scangauge (forgot the fault code) and i tried again
    still same problem so i turned contact on and off a few times, removed code again then start everything was fine
    i guess this is because the engine didn't get any air back like from a vta bov
    but why the traction control light and why was there no flutter??

I get the same with my vta bov damn check engine and traction control lights. Usually have to let the system stay off for 20-30sec before restarting. I think from what I have read here that it's cause the system reads a massive air movement and richens up the fuel. You have to play with the adjustment to find the sweet spot and I find that if I change driving style (ie drive like a granny for most of the drive, then give it a boot) it seems to happen much more

Comment

It's cause the ecu is freaking out not getting the expected air back in the system. You are putting it into limp mode.

Comment

Originally posted by havoc_rah View Post
        I get the same with my vta bov damn check engine and traction control lights. Usually have to let the system stay off for 20-30sec before restarting. I think from what I have read here that it's cause the system reads a massive air movement and richens up the fuel. You have to play with the adjustment to find the sweet spot and I find that if I change driving style (ie drive like a granny for most of the drive, then give it a boot) it seems to happen much more
        Whats your BOV? I'm running the Turbosmart Dual Port and it sounds well plumback and sounds even better when it's vta. I have a pod set up as well and it runs smooth as no probs.

Comment

I have a turbosmart dual port (the big red one lol) its done up as tight as it can go, I also have pod, and on low boost it flutters nicely then full boost pppttsschhh hehe (yes I still get off on that sound, yes I am from the country lol). touch wood, no cels from this set up

Comment

Corrie I have an hks ssqv full vta so I just have to keep playing with it I guess

Comment

Originally posted by havoc_rah View Post
              Corrie I have an hks ssqv full vta so I just have to keep playing with it I guess
              Or if no love - maybe just get another BOV that the car will like ey (:

Comment

colTwes
                mitsiman from RPW mentioned to me to make sure i set my forge bov up properly or i could get cells.

i think this is what happened to you, put it back where you had it and it should be good.

i think mines at 25 clicks or 20, cant remember.

what did you have yours set at before cells.

LG1

Comment

Originally posted by LG1 View Post
                  colTwes
                  mitsiman from RPW mentioned to me to make sure i set my forge bov up properly or i could get cells.

i think this is what happened to you, put it back where you had it and it should be good.

i think mines at 25 clicks or 20, cant remember.

what did you have yours set at before cells.

LG1
                  i had it at 25 clicks
                  when the colt wasn't tuned i also tryd tightening it to +50 clicks and i got some nice flutter
                  so now i thought more boost = more flutter but apparently i was wrong lol
                  thats what i find so strange...

Comment

If its still a vta bov, more boost will open it up hence less flutter?

Comment

friday evening i was driving around not too hard and weather was dry aswell when sudenly the traction control light came on
                      it didn't flash just came on and stayd on till i turned the car off
                      after about 10-15 min i started again everything was back to normal
                      no other cels and my scangauge didn't read any fault codes either
                      what could this have been?

Comment

http://www.rcolt.com/showthread.php?...going-on/page5

Post #1 sounds like the same issue you're having, post #48 the solution

Comment

Working...
                        X