X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alba View Post
    i assume to run no cat would require someone to turn off this code in the ecu?
    Correct

We can turn this off in a reflash, No one needs to add a resistor in AU

Its one of the bits I add to the reflash.

I can guarantee it works my only cat converter is after BOTH oxy sensors
    as you can see here
    http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...g/IMG_0461.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by rokkuchan View Post
      Thread revival,

i just got this P0421 after owning the car for less than a year though the full exhaust sys has been on there for about < than 2 years now.

(It caused a CEL) but not in limp mode.

I got it reset now and didn't occur again. Is my cat starting to die?

EDIT: My car is popping more than ever at high revs deceleration but actually sound really cool. Should I be worried? It's my first time since ages taking it for a good spin to get rid of carbon build up in the turbo.

Lol - with the boost levels your colt was running when it left SKR, it probably blew the cat out the arse end of the exhaust ages ago. Is your exhaust flanged in the right sections to enable the cat to be taken out for a quick look to see if all is ok?

Comment

Originally posted by Corosith View Post
        Lol - with the boost levels your colt was running when it left SKR, it probably blew the cat out the arse end of the exhaust ages ago. Is your exhaust flanged in the right sections to enable the cat to be taken out for a quick look to see if all is ok?
        That was like 3-4000kms ago since i changed the tune. I basically detuned the whole SKR flash a week after i got the gear.

at the time, I noticed at around 2800-3000rpm @ 80kph @ Fifth gear - i stepped on it to over take a guy on high way - i backed off afterwards as another car was coming... so it made a big pop. - I didn't see the engine light or wasn't paying attention until i got home and saw it.

I think it's flanged, can't remember, will look later. But everything is all good now, had a long day of driving.

Comment

Pretty sure ur rear oxy sensor is already turned off Rokku. The SKR tune has it turned off methinks.
          Must b something else?

Comment

Originally posted by rokkuchan View Post
            That was like 3-4000kms ago since i changed the tune. I basically detuned the whole SKR flash a week after i got the gear.

at the time, I noticed at around 2800-3000rpm @ 80kph @ Fifth gear - i stepped on it to over take a guy on high way - i backed off afterwards as another car was coming... so it made a big pop. - I didn't see the engine light or wasn't paying attention until i got home and saw it.

I think it's flanged, can't remember, will look later. But everything is all good now, had a long day of driving.
            If it's doing big pops on overrun, sounds like the cat is not doing its jobs and fuel is combusting in the exhaust somewhere, might sound cool but might also mean the honeycomb of the cat has been spat out the back at some stage, will be interesting to see whether it is all intact.

Comment

Originally posted by Corosith View Post
              If it's doing big pops on overrun, sounds like the cat is not doing its jobs and fuel is combusting in the exhaust somewhere, might sound cool but might also mean the honeycomb of the cat has been spat out the back at some stage, will be interesting to see whether it is all intact.
              nothing is rattling. i also have magnaflow hi flow cat - this make any difference?

Comment

Nothing might be rattling because there might be nothing in there, remember when Oddone spat his cat internals out the back of his exhaust onto a following car (may have more to do with anti-lag though). Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
                X