Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reset ecu

how???

i spent half hour searching through old threads, can't be bothered anymore, help

o and do u have to reset ur ecu each mod? or only if u get any cels?

Comment

I think it involves disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes or more. You can clear codes/cels with a Scangauge.

Comment

Just disconnect your battery for say 20 mins, then wack it back on again and you should be right (might even be shorter amount of time, haven't got the workshop manual on me at the moment).

Comment

O its written in the manual?? ayah.. i go check now... ahahhaha

Comment

o workshop manual...... lol i got excited,, i tot it was the users manual..

Comment

If you still have the stock head unit, you will also need to re-enter your unlock code after you reconnect the battery. If you call Mitsubishi up and tell them your VIN they will give you the code.

Comment

whats the purpose of resetting the ecu anyways? just to clear up cels? i forgot why i should reset it...

Comment

Why are you asking, have you fitted a new mod or do you actually have a CEL? The ECU learns to run with certain mods and will adjust accordingly, but only to a certain degree before it chucks a fruity. If you have CEL, then you will either need a scangauge to remove it, or get Mitsubishi to do it (not preferable for obvious reasons). If you are getting a boost cut (~4000rpm cut), then cycling through the ignition process should get rid of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Corosith View Post
                    Why are you asking, have you fitted a new mod or do you actually have a CEL? The ECU learns to run with certain mods and will adjust accordingly, but only to a certain degree before it chucks a fruity. If you have CEL, then you will either need a scangauge to remove it, or get Mitsubishi to do it (not preferable for obvious reasons). If you are getting a boost cut (~4000rpm cut), then cycling through the ignition process should get rid of it.
                    sup,, o yeah, just fitted a yr solenoid... and i THINK i'm losing 50 kms worth of travel...

Comment

Resetting the ecu

All it does is erase the recorded fuel trims and octane rating from the ecus memory forcing it to re think all thoes figures.

It should also turn off a CEL light and limp mode, but the CEL code and snap shot data will be in the ecu.

Comment

The car learns to adapt a little to the mods you have on your car. Sometimes it can help to disconnect the battery power to 'reset' these parameters to stock levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
                          Resetting the ecu

All it does is erase the recorded fuel trims and octane rating from the ecus memory forcing it to re think all thoes figures.

It should also turn off a CEL light and limp mode, but the CEL code and snap shot data will be in the ecu.
                          o is dat all... won't bother then... i do it wen i get a CEL,,,, cheers tenks...

Comment

Disconnect the battery then jump in the car and mash the brake twenty times or so. Drains it quicker.

Comment

Working...
                            X