X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust before flash?

Hi guys I was just wondering if I get my exhaust installed without getting the flash will I be able to drive my car? if not what issues will I have?

what do you mean by exhaust?
    You may need to flash if your installing a high flow cat as the gas comparison before and afterwill throw a cell if not removed from the ecu. I would recommend getting the macca or RPW stage 1 flash prior to the install.

Comment

You will just get an annoying yellow light on your dash.

The flash won't make it any safer to drive just get rid of the light. I highly recommend a full tune

Comment

Saves time and money to do all the mods first.

Car would still be driveable to the tuner.

It would have a CEL though until the tune

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze View Post
          Saves time and money to do all the mods first. Car would still be driveable to the tuner. It would have a CEL though until the tune
          If someone had the equipment, they could just turn off the sensor tho

Comment

Well the plan is to put a turbo back exhaust from RPW tomorrow morning then hopefully be able to drive to work tomorrow and to Macca's place on Saturday. Ill be getting a full tune once everything else is installed

Comment

If its just the cat-back (turbo back) shouldn't really cause any issues or even a CEL.

Taken from the guide from RPW site:

"1. 2 1/2" Cat back exhaust system - replacing the stock system with a 2 1/2" mandrel bent system has significant improvements. The factory system runs a secondary cat converter for emission purposes, fitment of a cat back should include the removal of this unit. Since there are no o2 sensors after this unit, there are no CEL issues. This could be increased up to 3" diameter if the vehicle was running significantly more modifications than a normal colt.

RPW manufactures a 2 1/2" cat back bolt on system which retains factory sound levels inside the cabin, but has a significant improvement in sound outside the vehicle. This has recently been upgraded to a Version 2 system for lowered vehicles to accommodate the clearance issues associated with the rear suspension on these vehicles."

Comment

Do everything before the tune. Then you won't need to waste time retuning.

Comment

So how about turbo back? I guess I'll just find out tomorrow moring... So excited!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X