X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4G15 block queries.

May seem like a silly question and i apologise in advance but does the Colt Ralliart share the same engine block as any of its other brotherin? eg. the 4A91? Reason i ask is the current engine in my ralliart has thrown a conrod and has gone through the block, engine head is fine. If any knowledgeable individuals would like to share some information it would be much appreciated.

i am Matts mate. i guess u got his build?
    i already compared headgaskets from the old 4g15.
    close but no cigar.
    it may share the same rods as a standard 4g15, but no block.

best bet is bring one out of japan 2-2.5k.

some block details
    http://ayu452.blogspot.com.au/2012/1...ly-torque.html

head gasket comparison
    http://ayu452.blogspot.com.au/2012/0...t-numbers.html

our 4g15
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-JDGvkxWtyC...228_181232.jpg

old 4g15
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0h0JctVwHe...4g15gasket.jpg

Comment

That sucks man.....how did it happen? too much boost?

Comment

Sounds like Matt's colt.

Another option is getting a motor from NZ two blokes got some from there.

There is also a motor forsale in the parts for sale section.

These engines are rare as they are only in the ralliart colt and turbo convertible colt.

Comment

im betting its matts and also betting the dude got a bargain. pretty sure he had it listed at 5k for the car.

dude just buy cwars engine and forge the bitch. never look back.

Comment

Spot on guys its Matts car. pm'd cwars about the engine but sounds hesitant to sell atm.
            Matt came across as a great bloke so there was no hesitance from me when it came to picking up this little gem as a new hobby.
            The engine hunt continues though.

Comment

Doesn't the brabus forfour share the same engine also?

Comment

And comes stock extra 10kw. Don't know if that's due to the tune.

Comment

I thought Matt was gonna fix it up? Probably had enuff of the colt already I'd imagine....

Comment

Correct on the smart forfour. Needs the brabus one. Even more rare

Comment

Feel your pain, I bought mine and then went pop. Nearly a year later and I'm still without an engine..... in the car.

Comment

It's worth it in the end. That added safety buffer of forged components.

Comment

Will pull the engine apart over the next week and see what damage has been done. Gave mitsubishi a call and they had said all colts over 2007 used the same block? man i wish it were as simple as just swapping the engine heads...

Comment

Originally posted by Hemi View Post
                            Will pull the engine apart over the next week and see what damage has been done. Gave mitsubishi a call and they had said all colts over 2007 used the same block? man i wish it were as simple as just swapping the engine heads...
                            What you want then is a short engine. From previous discussions with Mitsubishi they cost about $3500 new with a long engine about $5000 and a full engine about $8000. If they have any left is a whole different matter.

Comment

Originally posted by cwar0802 View Post
                              What you want then is a short engine. From previous discussions with Mitsubishi they cost about $3500 new with a long engine about $5000 and a full engine about $8000. If they have any left is a whole different matter.
                              still reckon he should forge it. just buy a block and not worry about the stock internals.

Comment

Working...
                              X