X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine running problem

Hello. As the title says i have a problem with my 08 EU spec Czt. while under full boost (wot) I experienced some sorts of hesitation like I would have lifted my foot from the throttle for a second, after which boosted ok. Tried for a second time from lower speed and on reaching full boost about 1.3bar the car hesitated again and this time didn't continue to pull but reacted like in limp mode or like a rev limiter holding the rpm and popping sounds from the exhaust(like a machinegun). First thing I tries was replacing the spark plugs with denso one step colder ones without any help. Now the problem is more aggressive. Now I have rough idle and accelerating only works on light accelerate. I suspect probably an ignition coil? Any help would be appreciated. thank you

I would presume overboost/torue limiter of some sort pulling limp mode on your engine.
    What mods?
    Stock 4G15T boosts 12psi (0.8bar)
    If you haven't had a reflash or tune that would likely be your issue.

Comment

Kn air filter, full decat 60mm exhaust (2.5 in) 255 lph fuel pump and reflash. it's not quite limp mode because it can occur at any rpm. I can rev the engine with light throttle up to 5000 or more but as long as it doesn't boost. If at 2500 rpm for example and i floor it then it acts like limp mode at 2500 and the max boost is slightly above 0. There were a few that said to try replacing ignition coils. Oh and it throws error p0170. for coil pack how easy is it to replace with toyota coils that ayu fitted to his ride? Thanks for reply

Comment

I reconnected the clean maf, checkedfor vacuum leaks and tested to see if anything changed. It's the same. The engine if cold keeps the idle verry low and the whole car shakes. Does not helpaccelerating because the rpm drops even further. After a while the idle settles under 1000 like when it was ok. Driving is difficult accelerating at low rpm about 2000 in 2nd gear shakes untik the revs start climbing. After that accelerates without problems until 5000 6000 rpm but only without boost. If throttle harder and boost builds it hesitates and vibrates and eventually backfires like a machine gun. Will try tomorow to fit another O2 sensor.

Comment

You best to take it to mitsubishi to do full troubleshooting on the car with the workshop manual as opposed to throwing random parts at the car.

I had a defect where I thought it was MAF and O2 based, turns out the throttle body was dead

Comment

Yea will do that but the main problem is that in my country (Romania) I don't fully trust the mechanics even Mitsu ones and therefore I like to research myself first.

This is why I started researching the p0170 error. If you have suggestions on the main problems that throw this error (and only this) I'd be glad to hear them

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by adiszep View Post
              Hello. As the title says i have a problem with my 08 EU spec Czt. while under full boost (wot) I experienced some sorts of hesitation like I would have lifted my foot from the throttle for a second, after which boosted ok. Tried for a second time from lower speed and on reaching full boost about 1.3bar the car hesitated again and this time didn't continue to pull but reacted like in limp mode or like a rev limiter holding the rpm and popping sounds from the exhaust(like a machinegun). First thing I tries was replacing the spark plugs with denso one step colder ones without any help. Now the problem is more aggressive. Now I have rough idle and accelerating only works on light accelerate. I suspect probably an ignition coil? Any help would be appreciated. thank you

hi, i have the same problem on my car. Did you finally sort it out?

Comment

Working...
              X