X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fines.

It light of my recent fine (3 points and $216) and hearing macca got done today, was curious to hear some stories. Worst fines, bullshit fines, biggest etc.

Disclaimer: this does not applaud or encourage any illegal activities but rather is hindsight for past stupidity (happy Ryan?).

about 5 years ago fined for not indicating when changing into a lane... $75... it was a one off.... a warning would have been nice... but i was driving my Sierra RS Cosworth which was like cop bait.

Comment

$1,550 and 6 months suspension for 135 in a 60 [Old pac at midnight with no traffic] - Comment from cop was "ain't you a little old to be doing this?"

Interestingly, when I watch RBT, I never see anyone with low-mid range pca cop a fine or suspension like that...

Comment

Good thing the colt isn't a cop magnet get husky.

And that's fucked faux. Was that in the colt?

Comment

Very first rcolt cruise i got a speeding fine trying to catch up with jemjem got clocked doing 101kph in an 80 zone and copped a 300 buck fine with 3 points deducted.. Seems kinda sus to me, i think they somehow rigged it so i was in that fine bracket.. That was also my very first traffic infringment too..

Comment

I copped a fine for temporarily pulling up at a flexi teller on an absolutely deserted main road early in the morning . It was meant to be a clearway, but there was absolutely no where to park, I had literally just pulled up and a motorcycle cop pulled up behind my car - must not have reached his daily quota! That's about as exciting as it gets for me, never had a speeding fine (goody two shoes.

Comment

August 2009:
              $1744 fine, 6 months suspended licence, 6 points. 164km/h in a 100km/h zone.
              Was slowing down from 210km/h(ish) when I got pinned. First fine I had ever got in almost 7 years on my full licence. Never had a prior infringement, and haven't had another one.......yet.

Comment

my list this year is:

3 points and $216, 103 in an 80 zone. Andy right behind me . Was doing 170kmh about 30 seconds earlier.

2 times in the m5 tunnel. 10 kmh or less both ways in a single night.

3 points and 216 in the lane cove tunnel. in a fucking work corolla. they slowed the tunnel to 60 for no reason, i saw green lights and sped up to 77 and got done.

3 points and 216 for doing 70 in a 50 zone in rhodes. cutting through back streets to avoid traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by 0dd0ne View Post
                  my list this year is:

3 points and $216, 103 in an 80 zone. Andy right behind me . Was doing 170kmh about 30 seconds earlier.

2 times in the m5 tunnel. 10 kmh or less both ways in a single night.

3 points and 216 in the lane cove tunnel. in a fucking work corolla. they slowed the tunnel to 60 for no reason, i saw green lights and sped up to 77 and got done.

3 points and 216 for doing 70 in a 50 zone in rhodes. cutting through back streets to avoid traffic.
                  1 point to go?

Comment

Today, Day after my Bday 71 and locked at 74 in a 50 zone, On the road in to Kiama, I have driven it soooo many times, Only car on the road, just not paying attention, and I assumed it was a 60 zone.

20 over bracket $371 4 points.

I seem to get a fine, just after I get the points back from the last one.

Last one was 100 in an 80 zone a few years ago before the colt

Comment

Originally posted by Corosith View Post
                      1 point to go?
                      We get 13 now i think

Comment

Back in 1993 I was in Cessnock NSW racing at the ISDE, pulled up in the main drag looking for an ATM. Saw it was a no standing zone and drove off.
                        About a month later I got a parking ticket in the mail. Asshole grey ghost had got my rego and wrote me up, kindly sending it to me in the mail.
                        Fuckers were doing it to everybody because of all the international visitors for the race, council saw it as opportunity to gouge some more money.

Comment

Originally posted by 0dd0ne View Post
                          We get 13 now i think
                          That's correct, professional drivers get 14 points in NSW, you get 3 months suspesnion upon 13 points.

It's still 12 in SA.

Comment

Summoned to court about 4 years ago for doing a 37.5m long burnout in a vp commodore!!!! The judge put me on a good behavior driving bond for 6 months and made me pay $100. No convictions/actual fines/points/marks against my name. Touch wood that and a $113 parking ticket in the city is all I have been pinged for!!!

When the cop came around to my house, and showed me the pic, we had a laugh cas you could see where the car (auto) changed into 2nd hehe....

Comment

Originally posted by ELEGNT
                              i lost 25 points in 1 hit, in the colt

say no more

elegnt wins

Comment

Working...
                              X