X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIC speed cameras WTF

k im from qld so its a 10% over margin and if you see one it phft np , anyway just did 3000 km and saw maybe 6 speed camera's till i hit melbourne hume hway and omg 5 in 5 km i swear , i was wondering why all the cars that were passing me at 140 just stopped going and noticed the pole on the side of the road and i'm wtf is that argh brakes on hard but recon i got done , so i decide to just under the speed limit and ended up having people pass me at 140 again for the next km or so then they stop again , lol , speed camera's don't work they just slow the traffic for a little section of road and make people agry at police .

I think they are safety cameras.

In nsw they only affect trucks but in vic they do cars as well

Comment

Welcome to vic, the nanny state!

Comment

I think they're the point-to-point cameras (1 at one point, then 200m down another).

Here you go, have fun camera spotting! :P

http://mobile-speed-cameras.com.au/

Comment

Fixed speed cameras have nothing to do with the cops.

They are commissioned by the rta

Comment

Got an iPhone ? Download a program called VicTraffic. Very useful program (if you're based around Melbourne). Pretty much gives you updates on all major roads in Victoria. Not only that, it lists the main traffic cameras (like traffic light ones and the obvious noticeable ones) on that main road as a list, also tells you which direction it's pointing/aiming/capturing and if you click on it, even shows you a camera view of what it sees. Program makes no sense to me since it was produced by Vicroads, but meh, I ain't complaining, I always give it a quick check before I take off towards somewhere. Obviously doesn't tell you were the camera cars and stuff like that are, but camera cars are pretty obvious. It's either a Commodore of some sort, Toyota Prado, Mitsubishi Outlander, or Holden Captiva. It's generally one of those, and it's parked on the side of the road in some obvious spot visible with a massive chrome front rail with a big black camera smack bam in the centre and two flashers on each side and sometimes antennas. There are also the police operated radar cars which are obvious as hell, generally a Commodore sedan or wagon (UC car so look out for 3 antennas, centre console on middle of windscreen and the flashers that are generally located on the passenger side dash, number plate and driver side top of the rear windscreen) with some guy hanging out of the car window with a camera looking thing (obvious much ? lol). Generally the car is parked on it's side so the cop with the radar is in sight facing the traffic (discrete ey ?). Very hard to miss, and if you do miss it, depending on their duty you might be lucky. Some are just using speed cameras which capture, and most of the time they're quite lenient when it's like 10km/h over (only in peak hour though, if you're the only one on the road then gg to you), they're generally looking for the guys doing 115 to 120 or more. If they're using a radar, once again, they can be lenient, if not, turn your headlights off and take the next exit LOL. They're highway patrol, they're quick, and they're not stupid . Last time friend got pulled over in his N14 SSS Pulsar with GTI-R engine conversion, the cop had asked if he was running an Apexi Power FC. Found his Electronic boost controller and all, they're pretty smart .

Welcome to Melbourne ! Home of the stupidest road laws ever invented with useless cameras scattered everywhere to make this state 'safer'. Yeah, not really a fan of Vicroads. This program is probably the best thing they ever made. It's called Victraffic by the way for all those who just skipped my crap.

Comment

lol thanks for the advice guys and if i go off that map it might be better to walk and don't get me going on ya signage down here how do you find what speed you are supposed to go if there are none up , the roads were designed by drunk monkeys and people drive like they have just come in from the bush , no blinkers , don't look when pulling out and are just generally crazy . You guys make sydney drivers look good

Comment

Originally posted by bpt4w View Post
                lol thanks for the advice guys and if i go off that map it might be better to walk and don't get me going on ya signage down here how do you find what speed you are supposed to go if there are none up , the roads were designed by drunk monkeys and people drive like they have just come in from the bush , no blinkers , don't look when pulling out and are just generally crazy . You guys make sydney drivers look good
                "Outlaws in Mexico - A road journal by bpt4w" ;P

Comment

Originally posted by bpt4w View Post

hahah bpt4w for PM !!

Sydney has heaps of safety cameras now too .. speeding+red light cameras combined.

Comment

I promise if I am voted in no child will go without a RCOLT and every speed camera will have a explosive device installed to go off when the flash does .

And yes really NSW drivers are angry bastards but they can drive at least

I'm allowed to be biased since i'm from qld and they are slow and have no idea how to merge.

Comment

Working...
                    X