X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got defected yet?

I used to c a lot of done up cars on the road, not anymore, i think the cops are winning. Its scary now driving with a loud exhaust and they are right behind you!

ive been done in previous cars for:
    * excessive noise (both sound system and exhaust)
    * excessive smoke and a nuisance to community or something like that
    * too low a car
    * too dark tint

none of which have been in the colt

Comment

Never - haven't even had a speeding fine before netherlone a parking ticket. Too many police chasing around after Skylines and Commodores to be worried about our little hatchbacks, and quite frankly looking at the cross section of owners on this forum, it's pretty unlikely that we'd pose a threat to the community, all in all we are a pretty responsible lot (mostly - lol!).

Comment

i got done for a tacho on the dash one week after having my car haha

and someone I know in an evo just got done for tint!

Comment

Came close/got chatted about the OEM BOV and "apparent fibreglass bonnet" but never officially ticketed for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Corosith View Post
            Never - haven't even had a speeding fine before netherlone a parking ticket. Too many police chasing around after Skylines and Commodores to be worried about our little hatchbacks, and quite frankly looking at the cross section of owners on this forum, it's pretty unlikely that we'd pose a threat to the community, all in all we are a pretty responsible lot (mostly - lol!).
            Yeh, i think they are more focus on faster cars. Its a big difference from when i had my first car, 12 years ago, first thing i've done was chuck a loud exhaust in dat corola t/cam, it was freaking loud and never got done for it. Now, I had a Subaru, i chuck a quiet exhaust in it, can't barely hear it, cops kept giving me ticket for it, twice actually. Nowadays modding cars is like committing a crime. lol

Comment

Personally I find defects amusing... The modification guidelines/legislation is very straight forward, and you can highly modify a car and keep it legal. When I see/hear of people getting done for vent to atmosphere bov's, wastegates and catch cans, I just laugh. It takes just as much time and cost to do it properly, as it does to do it the wrong way. Sure we aren't all angels when it comes to mods, but the cops aren't rocket scientists either, they only look for the obvious mods, so just be smarter than the average ricer, and you should have very little to worry about.

Comment

I have to say I have had no dramas with the Colt and being pulled over, even doing the wrong thing... not that I was...

Comment

My only concern is my pod. The exhaust is quiet til you nail the throttle but the pod isn't. I plan to move it away from stock position at some point soon

Comment

Originally posted by 0dd0ne View Post
                    My only concern is my pod. The exhaust is quiet til you nail the throttle but the pod isn't. I plan to move it away from stock position at some point soon
                    CAI to front bumper behind left foggie like mine! Best place to hide it as the intake pipe goes under the other pipe and cant see anything

Comment

Never came close - even with all the pivots gauges on my top dash... but I've been wanting to remove them ever since i got my car... but just can't figure where I should put them without looking crap. Farkin hate it when it vibrates, irritates me so much.

I'd be farked if i get defected for exhaust as I don't have spare oem and it's all welded almost one piece... well 2pieces i think. But it doesn't seem that excessively loud anyway.

Only been very close to defect was my S2000. Had 17x9.5 Enkei rpf1s. Lowered, flushed, cambered... however because of the slope/slant where i parked, it produced a 1-2cm gap from the arch, the officer measuring got confused with the specs written on his car catalogue doesn't match up. It seems the specs he had were lower than what was measured??? No idea... but got let off.

Comment

Working...
                      X