Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just did a quick bogus one for a 27 year old in wooloongong with aami. Unmodified, no finance and licence in 2002 with no claims - $830.

I dont think they do agreed value though.

Comment

actually NRMA is the cheapest for me, its just the whole living in the greater sydney wollongong area is exxy as hell

Comment

AAMI do agreed val. They are insuring me for $19k agreed at $69p/mth. (would be less if I paid premium yearly)
        25yo, rating 1.

Comment

I'm insured as 25yo, 24k agreed, rating 2 = $850 with a 1k excess.

Comment

I work for AAMI, (please dont flame me lol), anyway im happy to answer questions. Some basic points are:

most cases the policies will go up and the a/value will go down. But the premiums fluctuate like everything else. The prices will go up if it has been a shitty year for claims, so for the poor buggers caught up in storms or floods or fires and what not that we pay out massive amounts of money, we need to make it back and if its been a quiet year, then good chance premiums go down or at least will stay the same.

Yes a loophole is to keep getting online quotes as you do get the online discount. But you will loose out on benefits in the long run, but if money is everything then this is the cheapest way to do it.

for the value of the car we go by the current market value but agree to hold it for the term of the policy/renewal hence why it is called agreed value. But we can up the value due to low k's cost of mods to a certain point.

Premiums are of course based on driver/car/risk address/car usage/mods/finance are the main points.

And our claim process is said to be bloody good. As long as people read the pds (booklet) then there will be no bad surprises and there is no small print trying to hide anything.

I have heard a claim story from another company where she said the car was listed as to be parked in the garage overnight. This particular person got home late one night and there were cars parked in the garage and drive way, so she parked on the nature strip. Car got stolen, and the insurance company would not pay out because it wasnt in the garage.

Anyway, im not trying to advertise for aami, just trying to help ya'll understand how we work (because I dunno about the others) and to read the documents from your insurer very closly, especially if you are with a cheaper "budget" company.

Oh also we are under the Suncorp umbrella along with shannons and justcar

Comment

Checked my insurance renewal with just cars

Am 25 now and the premium has went down slightly but the agreed value dropped alot too.
              Excess is still the same with the adjusted premium.

Shopped around and called up others. Looks like NRMA is the way to go now.

Got quoted $1350 for premium, $800 for excess and agreed value of $20k.

When i first got the colt, nrma had some crazy premium so didnt bother. Not it looks like they have changed.

Anyone have experience with NRMA claims with mods?

Comment

Yeah I just did mine with NRMA.

I'm 26 and got $1,100ish a year with agreed value of $18,500 and excess of $800.

Heaps better than AAMI who were asking something stupid like $2500 a year.

I haven't said anything about mods though (sneaky sneaky).

Comment

I have only ever used NRMA fir insurance period.

Last year when my policy came thru they removed all my mods. So I went in to check.

They don't list mods anymore was the answer, and make sure your agreed value will cover them.

When my car was rear ended my exhaust was damaged. They bought a stock replacement then took it to an exhaust shop and had them mod it to suit exact what I had before.

No issues. My 2011-12 policy should be here soon.

Comment

My insurance for this year is up 8% compared to last years 1.7%. I didn't make a claim, clean record for 10+ years

Comment

I just switched to shannons, comprehensive costing me $547 for the year.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bunnybash View Post
                        I just switched to shannons, comprehensive costing me $547 for the year.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
                        Good move, I've been with them for 5 years now....

Comment

hmm...before i sold my rcolt, i switched to Shannon. They offered me the same $800 per year on comprehensive, but only as a weekender. AAMI charges me the same $800 as a daily. However, i declare all mods with shannon and only min when with AAMI.......

Comment

Originally posted by lovecolt View Post
                            hmm...before i sold my rcolt, i switched to Shannon. They offered me the same $800 per year on comprehensive, but only as a weekender. AAMI charges me the same $800 as a daily. However, i declare all mods with shannon and only min when with AAMI.......
                            Do you remember whether it was agreed value or market value and how much it was?

I chose to drop AAMI, and go with the two bumblebees... Worked out to be $150 cheaper, for the same cover at the same agreed value, so I decided to increase the agreed value and include windcscreen replacement cover. It still worked out $100 cheaper and I pay monthly intervals, not lump sum.

However, ever tried calling The Buzz? The answering machine recommends I email them or check their website, and hung up on me!! I guess that's what you pay for, all DIY insurance, no staff to pay wages!

Edit:

Out of interest I called Shannon's today to see what their quote would be, but because it's a stocker and a daily they ..declined to provide me a quote.

So I need to buy a new daily and mod the colt, or track it before they'd even consider insuring me.

Comment

Hmm odd have been with shannons for three years now with combo house car insurance and no.problem with mine being stock $600 for the car insurance ,market value

Comment

Originally posted by bpt4w View Post
                                Hmm odd have been with shannons for three years now with combo house car insurance and no.problem with mine being stock $600 for the car insurance ,market value
                                Shannon's did ask if I am a current member, and whether I am a member of a car club (which you might be). I could probably get insured by Shannon's if I change the colt to a weekender, and join a car club and start modifying. Not an unpleasant thing to do I guess?

Comment

Working...
                                X