X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question - Buying a colt interstate

I'm looking at buying a colt which is for sale in Queensland and then driving it back to Melbourne. This particular colt has a rego which may expire before I am able to go there and bring it back. My question is, is there any way that I can get away with driving this unregistered car back to Victoria and then registering it once I get here (such as an exemption of some sort to from point a to point b).

Or is there another solution to this and im just looking at it the wrong way..

Originally posted by Kyuubi View Post
    This particular colt has a rego which may expire before I am able to go there and bring it back.
    Just make sure you get it back before it expires...

Alternately you could borrow a car and car trailer...

I would go out of my way to get the car before it expires though... Save so much friggin around...

Comment

Gday, i bought one in melbourne without rego & drove it back to sydney with a permit from vic roads, maybe queensland have something similar give the queensland motor authority a call!!!!

Comment

Both good suggestions, hopefully I can get it here before it expires otherwise i'll have to look into other options.

Comment

Or you could use a broker like I did.

They do all the checks on the car - roadworthy, liens, debts etc and get it put on truck transported down for you to look at. Detailed, inspected for rego then rego'd and all you have to do is turn up to pick it up and sign the documents, they can even drop it off at your dorr if you want. They can also organise finance or insurance if you like also.

If the car gets trucked down to you and it isn't what they said it was you say 'Computer says noooo' and send it back - costs you 0$.
          All you do is ring the guy and tell him what you want, how many k's what colour, what extras, manual/auto etc and they go off looking.

Easy as.
          PM me if you (or anyone else) want the details.
          The guy has been reading this forum for info when I was in the process of buying my car - haven't you Chris.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Working...
            X