X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is BOV illegal in the State of QLD?

I just got pulled over by 2 cops and the first one checked my alcohol level whilst the other cop went to the front of my car and said... "Pop the hood". Well i did and he said.. you're BOV is illegal and it has to be changed back to stock or you will be sent to court for this. Well, i did.. and ive did some research online and here's what they said.. as long as the sound lvl doesnt reach a certain DB'S it will not be classified as illegal.. so.. yea how now..

Ive got one on mine and have no problems up to now............

Comment

Originally posted by Jemjem View Post
      they are definitely illegal in WA

Comment

Yea// but the cops said that it's illegal.. FML..

Comment

Originally posted by Jemjem View Post
          in qld its also an emissions thing they try pin you for... either way it just depends on the police officer... i cant see how it can be harmful but arguing just gets you a ticket

Comment

Originally posted by filofaith View Post
            in qld its also an emissions thing they try pin you for... either way it just depends on the police officer... i cant see how it can be harmful but arguing just gets you a ticket
            yeh i dont understand the emissions thing because the air being discharged is only atmo air albeit at a higher pressure

Comment

but they sound so dam gooooood.....

Comment

If you really want to get into it then noise is the biggest issue then the emissions, it apparently sends a fine mist of oil when it vents to atmosphere

Comment

Unfortunately they are completely illegal.

Comment

Correct, if you change any of the emissions from standard then they can ping you for it, whether it be noise or gaseous emissions from the BOV. That's why is it meant to be set up to recirculate the oily air back into the intake, then back through the combustion process again. If you are lucky and have a good attitude then they may let you off with a caution and ask you to change it back to stock setup (as happened with me a few years back). In my view it's simply not worth the hassle just for a bit of noise.

Comment

Illegal yes,

Its all about noise pollution and it sending bad air out into the atmosphere~

Because the air has passed through the turbo it can contain small amounts of oils or greese and yer can be "harmful" to the enviroment. I do have one and I have been warned before. Really i just dont drive hard anymore. Keep it under 0.6bar and have a soft foot so it doesnt vent. I only vent it when i want some asshole in a shit box pulsar or something who has been revving it next to me to tell him to stfu, get lost and that his car is slow sorta thing~

Comment

yea.. arguing will get you in deep S@!# but however... the emission from our BOV doesnt make a difference as the other emissions will go out through our ass... which is the exhaust.. so we're just doing the environment a favour..

Comment

The oily air is acctully comming from the PVC system.

The PVC system moves air thru the cyliner head and crank case and vents it back into the intake, hence why you get oil in you intercooler pipes and throttle body ect.

they dont like you dropping that oil vapour back in to the atomphere hence why its burnt off in the combustioin chamber.

Comment

ah IC
                            yeh i never thought of the PVC air

Comment

Gday , I thought it was only a noise issue

Comment

Working...
                              X