X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frogman View Post
    I know a nice little trick to scare the police into taking their "pigheadedness" elsewhere...

First you must carry a recording device in the car at all times.

When you get pulled up start recording and say to the police officer, "my solicitor has advised me that I record all encounters with police officers so I'm just lettin you know that I am recording all this conversation".

Most police officers will shit their pants.. They can get into big trouble of they don't know proper legislation and will have to abide by the rules and not make anything up.

Problem solved!
    HERO!!! nice mate

Comment

i gaurantee senior constables wont 'shit ' there pants...they are used to people who dont respect authority and they will more then likely throw the book at you for being a smartass..

Comment

Someone here might be able to substantiate or disprove a rumour I heard; that if you get pulled over for at a RBT, then that's all they are allowed to do, just breath test you. They can't use it as an oppotunity to throw the book at you for everything that could possibly be amiss.

Comment

they can as long as they have probable cause.. like if you rock up to the rbt with a loud blowoff noise they can then inspect your car.. it goes for anything.. like if you where in an rbt and they smelt drugs coming from your car that is probable cause to search it even if you where just there to get breath tested..

Comment

not to mention they dont have time to bullcrap about because they got more people to rbt.

if i was a cop and some smartass kid in a ricermobile pulled a "recording device" on me i'd throw the book at em.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceboy View Post
              not to mention they dont have time to bullcrap about because they got more people to rbt.

if i was a cop and some smartass kid in a ricermobile pulled a "recording device" on me i'd throw the book at em.
              exactly right haha

Comment

If someone held out a recording device to me, I'd politely wack a yellow work order sticker on their windscreen for balding tyres or something else I could politely find. Maybe even a red (needs to be towed) sticker?. Then I'd politely give em a large infringement them for what ever offence they committed. Then I'd politely thank them for thier cooperation and be on my way

Having worked in a law enforcement role for nearly 15 yrs I'd advise against the 'smartass' approach and all you will achieve recording cops is annoy them, good luck with that.

Comment

guys my mate just installed a invidia dual catback on his s2000. how ever its fuking loud, so loud that when he drives slowly even a little blip of gas; cars parked on the road ring the alarm. we tried to put silencers on but its doesnt do much but starts to get annoying with the tin rumbling noise. we tighten it but it keeps falling off when vtecing lol. but the sound is just astonishing when belted lol. i heard it was one of the loudest exhausts u can buy for a s2k.

he didnt intentionally get the loud ones, first of all it was pretty cheap from US and A but they wouldnt tell him the DB ratings so he just got that instead of the buddyclub;s 1.5K

what happens when the cops pull u over? is it a straight defect? can u get away with saying ill put the silencers right now? he doesnt know if he should sell it but then again.. whos gonna buy it if it attracts coppers.

i got a massive headache from it....

Comment

In qld they can say you car is too loud and book you... But if you're a smart cookie then you can ask for db reading.. It has to be in controlled circumstances ie: certain revs and not out in the open... At least that's what I know

Comment

Originally posted by Frogman View Post
                      In qld they can say you car is too loud and book you... But if you're a smart cookie then you can ask for db reading.. It has to be in controlled circumstances ie: certain revs and not out in the open... At least that's what I know
                      Excessive noise or smoke is the charge, $320. There doesn't need to be a decibel reading done. As long as the Police believe the noise is excessive.

Comment

In new bolt in silencers are not counted as part of reducing noise

Comment

Working...
                        X