X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 New Year Modification Plans

I'm interested to see what peeps are planning for their rides this year. I know there's a few building some hi-po forged goodies which will be sweet to read about but what's everyone else planning?

With any luck I'm planning to do the following:

2.5" system frm the turbo back,
    380cc injectors
    1bar Forge wastegate
    Actually mount my XR6 I/C and fit the Walbro
    3 port
    SKR custom tune
    Fitting 4 KU39s in the next week or so depending on when I can order them
    Fitting the upper Ralliart rear shock mount rubbers

With the tune side of things I'll be asking Steve to get 'area under the curve' for better response down low/midrange rather than trying for maximum boost/power. When I'm driving through the hills I try to minimise gear changes to keep it on boost longer.

Hopefully I'll be able to get it all done by the time the Adelaide All Japan Day rolls around in February. Either way I'm still going to enter the colt, last year there no colts in the event at all but people were stopping to check out my car in the car park so there's def some interest in the RColts from peeps in the jap car scene.

Nice list u got there mate.. R u planning on doing this gradually or whack em in all in one hit?? It was quite interesting going from stock to the power i have now i have been trying to hold off putting on more power mods cos i would like to improve my handling first swaybars, anti lift kit, rear strut bar, evo 3 callipers(?), coilovers(?).. Once i have them done, ill be doing some more power mods i have a few ideas but not too sure on what to get as i know i will hafta change my clutch otherwise it will start slipping..

Nice, yea man do enter in the comps.. My plans for this year was to take the colt to the track.. Ive already done drag racing but i think i wud like a bit more corners

Comment

Pretty much all at once prior to tune. Think it'll still be drivable enough to get it to the dyno?

Comment

Yo I like to get injectors and walbro done too.

But where and what to get for injectors? Are there differences between brands and stock wrx injectors? I was gonna get the sard injectors.

Comment

Injectors will have to be done then flashed right away or it would be uber rich.

Also my cars bucket list

Project MU HC+ for the dual pots (Sitting on my kitchen bench)
          DBA 4000 slotted rotors
          Braided Lines

Custom battery and air intake set up with the biggest pod filter you will see on a colt

Rear sway bar
          Anti Lift kit
          Lower Control Arm front bushes
          BC Strut tops for my coilovers
          Another wheel alignment

Bosch cabin air filter

Might get some wheels later in the year

oh and WASH MY FUCKING CAR!

I think ill buy the rotors and whiteline gear next fortnight all in one hit, save doing a million separate orders, only $600 worth of shit

Comment

There's a few threads on here but basically you want high impedance, 14mm, top feed jobbies.
            Same as the stock injectors on 05 bug eye WRX - baby blue in colour.

Comment

1. Mount my rear strut bar that's been sitting around for years...

2. FMIC

3. Final tune...

Comment

Hopefully buy a Rcolt

Comment

Originally posted by black_ice View Post
                  Hopefully buy a Rcolt
                  Thats a pretty nice mod

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
                    Injectors will have to be done then flashed right away or it would be uber rich.

Also my cars bucket list

Project MU HC+ for the dual pots (Sitting on my kitchen bench)
                    DBA 4000 slotted rotors
                    Braided Lines

Custom battery and air intake set up with the biggest pod filter you will see on a colt

Rear sway bar
                    Anti Lift kit
                    Lower Control Arm front bushes
                    BC Strut tops for my coilovers
                    Another wheel alignment

Bosch cabin air filter

Might get some wheels later in the year

oh and WASH MY FUCKING CAR!

I think ill buy the rotors and whiteline gear next fortnight all in one hit, save doing a million separate orders, only $600 worth of shit
                    Don't get the Ralliart front control arm bushes, I don't reckon they do much in anti-lift department. Think they're just a firmer rubber and dont change anything else.
                    Should add to the list that my Ralliart bushes will be replaced by Whiteline anti-lift ones.

Comment

Semi slicks
                      Injectors
                      Steam pipe manifold
                      Coilovers

Depending on funds being available... As always lol

Comment

* Finish washing and polishing/waxing/detailing that's taken me 5 days to do over the break thus far.
                        * Fix driveway - at stock height I *just* make it over the mouth of the gutter. It scrapes if I don't reverse in.
                        * Wind coilovers down away from 4WD spec
                        * Get piping done to fit XR6 cooler
                        * New wheels
                        Then I will be happy with the car for a while...

Prob other trinkets along the way but not in mind as "the plan".

Comment

* Reset rear springs and lower more as the coilovers in the rear are at the lowest setting
                          * Paint wheels Lambo/Ford Focus orange
                          * Spacers
                          * Cold air intake
                          * FMIC
                          * Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by skyrex View Post
                            * Finish washing and polishing/waxing/detailing that's taken me 5 days to do over the break thus far.
                            * Fix driveway - at stock height I *just* make it over the mouth of the gutter. It scrapes if I don't reverse in.
                            * Wind coilovers down away from 4WD spec
                            * Get piping done to fit XR6 cooler
                            * New wheels
                            Then I will be happy with the car for a while...

Prob other trinkets along the way but not in mind as "the plan".
                            Man that driveway is poo. Doesn't look like u can grind it down either or else the storm water comes down ur driveway...

R u still rockin the stock dump pipe with that 1/4 time?

Comment

Yeh, the front control arm rubbers are just a polyurethane jobbie, they dont change anything, they are not part of the anitilift kit, the whole anitlift part comes from the castor change on the rear control arm bush.

But with 145k kms on my car, I may as well change them while the LCA is out, they are like $40 worth, not much at all.

May as well change the front sway rubbers while Im at it.

Someone should post the part number info on the bushes he fitted :P and where he got the crush tube stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X