X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pAuL View Post
    every single run i beat him. only just, but i had the faster time.

this was all down to the driver
    I agree 100% Paul, it is down to the driver.

Years ago when I raced competition karts, I was running quicker lap times than some drivers in competition karts that were running the latest whiz-bling-bang chassis/engine combos and I was running a 6+ year old set-up that was down on power in comparison.
    Last edited by wombat; 18-02-2012, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wombat
      ...If you wanted gobs of power..... torque.... traction...... you shouldn't have bothered with buying. tinkering and pouring money into a shitty colt
      +1
      It's a car built to handle and stop well, happens to have a little bit of poke for the money plus they don't cost the earth to run.

Comment

• Originally posted by rokkuchan View Post
        ...I still highly doubt it can beat a V8 or subies that others have claimed.
        Originally posted by wombat View Post
        I agree, Standstill start straight line...no chance...
        Even though rexs and evos can launch much better, in my experience they don't for 2 reasons...

1. Launching hard from a standstill in an awd = max clutch wear and potential failure so most who are on their 2nd or 3rd clutch tend to go easy unless at drags or absolutely necessary...

2. They believe the rcolt is so slow they feel they don't need to launch hard, to their detriment...

I've been on an evo cruise with a shitload of evos and stis and rx7s and skylines and none could shame the colt... Their reluctance to burn their clutches meant they accelerated the same as the colt or only pulled a couple of car lengths at best...

All of them approached me each stop to ask what the go was with the colt cause they couldn't believe it kept up with all of them...

Comment

• Yes some like power others don't.

120kw isn't much at all. I had 130 and it didn't torque steer.

Also Oddone has not bagged others. Just mention he like his power

Oddone eat a dick yourself :P

Both of you settle lol

Comment

• Yes some like power others don't.

120kw isn't much at all. I had 130 and it didn't torque steer.

Also Oddone has not bagged others. Just mention he like his power

Oddone eat a dick yourself :P

Both of you settle lol

Comment

• Yeh

GG alright attacking other member is not right.

Would you like to start a thread about how much power is too much power?

More posts deleted cause im a prick :P

SO EVERYONE should settle before this thread gets deleted, then more people complain this thread got deleted.

In my case, I had bugger all torque steer at 130kw atw untill I lowered the car, then it wasnt much, What made it touchy was the rear sway bar.

But still then, get a grip on the wheel and its not a problem, it will go straight if you drive it right.

I have never ever had the pant pooing lane changing torque steer ever. Maybe people who have this are running below average tires, maybe the road is causing tram lining effects.
              Last edited by Macca; 18-02-2012, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• In Singapore this is what I have been told for manual gear box and stock internal engine max torque and HP we can go is 400nm and 280ish on crank.

Comment

Working...
                X