X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colt Servicing: Where, how much, experiences?

OK, had the 45k service done today and it was the first since the Adaptronic ECU was installed and here's what happened...

The service manager's giving me the rundown of what the 45k service entails as its more expensive then others. I then tell him about the Adaptronic ECU and how he might not need to check the OBD as the e420c took care of the engine management. He said "cool, we'll just skip that then and leave it alone". He didn't look shocked or negative and we talked about why I installed it and he acknowledged the colt had a nazi ecu and asked how she ran with it in.

When I go to pay for it he gave me the renewal stickers for the roadside assist blah blah not mentioning the ecu at all... I then bring up oils as up to now I've let them use the valvoline semi-synth every 5k. I tell him now the car's done 45k I wanna start using full synth and he says yep, an extra 20 bucks and you can go 10k instead of 5k between services. As the 15k services are the only ones we absolutely need for warranty/roadside assist, I suggested I go full synth oil and bring it in every 7,500 and he said yep that'd be fine...

He also knocked off 40 bucks cause I had a K&N air filter and didn't say anything about the BOV...

I know that if I have a warranty issue that may have arisen from the installation of the Adaptronic ECU they don't have to fix it under warranty, but I was really happy and surprised at the service manager's reaction...

Where was this done at? Sounds like some great customer service man.

Comment

thats awesome i would expect them to have brushed you off a bit.

well done

Comment

Cheers, I get my car serviced at Booths Mitsubishi Tuggerah (Central Coast). They've done every service since new even though I had to go to Blacktown to get a good purchase price...

If Sydney siders are having issues with over-pricing or wanker service people, Tuggerah is just up the freeway and only like 5min from the freeway...

Judging by the prices you guys have indicated paying for the various services I believe Booths Tuggerah are amongst the best and most consistent prices. And they have lowered the price for my services twice now due to reusable filters...

Comment

Yeh, thats what my dealer told me to do the service every 7500km, not 5000km. But in the manual, it mentioned the turbo car should have the service every 5000km. I will be start to doing the service by myself from next time, as I will be using Motul Turbolight 4000 engine oil.

Comment

Originally posted by fauxpas View Post
            Cheers, I get my car serviced at Booths Mitsubishi Tuggerah (Central Coast). They've done every service since new even though I had to go to Blacktown to get a good purchase price...
            thanks man. i was actually looking at buying a blue rcolt from them at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by turbogt View Post
              Yeh, thats what my dealer told me to do the service every 7500km, not 5000km. But in the manual, it mentioned the turbo car should have the service every 5000km.
              Hey turbogt,

I checked the service manual tonight.

Every 5000km oil change.
              Every 15000km is a service.

Therefore: Servicing is done every 15000km (or 12 months whatever comes first to maintain warranty + roadside assist). Some Ralliart Service centres may carry out preventative services when the oil change is done, therefore bumping up the service bill.

I chose to rotate my wheels at 10,000km oil change so my service bill was higher than my 5000km oil change. $120 oil change.

My 15000km service totaled $260 without any preventative services carried out.

Edit:
              Also saw a TV commercial which implied Mitsubishi will introduce 'capped' servicing costs. I also received customer satisfaction phone calls from my service centre AND someone representing MMAL after my service. Could be a sign of things to come (well to those of us who been unfairly treated at servicing).

Comment

I had a look at the capped servcings for the RColt... Not benefitting the owner that's for sure - $190 for the 7.5k and $260 for the 15k.
                That was in Adelaide at Nth East Mitsi and at Elizabeth - they both showed me the MMA pamphlet for the RColt.

Servcings seem a bit odd - some places say every 5k and others say 15k and plenty variations in between. I like to see if anyine has had any probs that were knocked back due variations in getting maintenance done by a dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by kalt View Post
                  Edit:
                  Also saw a TV commercial which implied Mitsubishi will introduce 'capped' servicing costs. I also received customer satisfaction phone calls from my service centre AND someone representing MMAL after my service. Could be a sign of things to come (well to those of us who been unfairly treated at servicing).
                  this is good news for WA peeps as it might get the WA dealers in line with the rest of Australia

Comment

5k are minor service and not needed to keep warranty & roadside assist... They do appear in the handbook though...

The 2008 rcolt handbook introduced 7.5k service intervals I believe...

Comment

As the 15k services are the only ones we absolutely need for warranty/roadside assist, I suggested I go full synth oil and bring it in every 7,500 and he said yep that'd be fine...
                      Makes sense, full synth oil has better endurance so extends the oil change period.

He also knocked off 40 bucks cause I had a K&N air filter and didn't say anything about the BOV...
                      Makes sense again, $40 is the price of the mechanic removing the battery and taking the filter out of the housing and inspecting it (maybe the value of 15 minutes labour?). And they do only inspect it - not clean it. I replaced my oem filter shortly after my 15000 with the K&N marvel, and found deceased bugs between the fibrous material.

I think the confusion over servicing intervals can easily be overcome by NOT referring to OIL CHANGES as an actual "service", but simply as 'oil change' because that's what is primarily done.

Comment

5k are minor service and not needed to keep warranty & roadside assist... They do appear in the handbook though...

The 2008 rcolt handbook introduced 7.5k service intervals I believe...
                        Ba-bonggggg! Wrong

Mine is a '08 and the Service Manual clearly states:

"Regular Service" for 15,000km intervals
                        "Regular Oil Change" for every 5,000km, with a note in BOLD - oil filter must be replaced at every second oil change.

Says nuttin' about 'minor' or 'major' service

The 7,500km oil changes might just be individual dealers opting to use full synthetic oils for those intervals, since oil changes at Mitsubishi aren't a prerequisite to keep the vehicle under warranty, only Regular Service once a year.

It's a real shame the previous thread has been deleted. I'm sure there's evidence of this from other members in the past, and it could help explain the discrepancy in prices paid interstate (W.A.).

alba, check your invoices to see if you had any 'preventative' services done at your oil change intervals.

Comment

Originally posted by kalt View Post

alba, check your invoices to see if you had any 'preventative' services done at your oil change intervals.
                          i will have to get it out but the standard 45k service cost me around the 350 mark from memory
                          and that was no filter or oil included

i'll be using either RPW or RAC from now on

Comment

Sounds like you have a great service manager to deal with there.

Actually knows about cars and not just go by the book.

Comment

Well, services should be done every 5,000 km to 8,000km's but the time interval of services should be accounted as well... however if you're a handyman.. you should be able to do the oil change or air filter cleaning yourself.. as for other repairs like timing belt and etc.. have it checked out

Comment

Working...
                              X