Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused about the Colt Ralliart Version R

Hi guys,

I've been looking at some JDM turbocharged colts.
    Some have advertised as a Colt Ralliart turbo, and some have advertised as Colt Ralliart Version R turbo.

Are these the same thing or are there some differences?

Also, I have noticed that the Colts usually don't come with Recaro seats, were they an optional upgrade?

Sorry if the question is really obvious, I couldn't find the answer on google.

Hi flyfly

With regards to the name, it depends where you're doing your shopping. Essentially they are the same but the 'Version R' was a Japan specific model/sticker designation.

All version R/Ralliart colts are turbocharged, adding the Turbo at the end of the name purely reiterates the Absolute Greatness over the naturally aspirated normal colt #envymahtinysnail

There's a couple sticky threads on here that discusses the differences between two series of Ralliart Colts/ Colt Ralliarts, and you're seeing the 'sports seat' models which were offered from the 2008 model "Series 2" and onwards. Series 1 feature driver and passenger Recaros.

http://www.rcolt.com/forum/motor-sec...model-aus-spec

Not surprised you can't find the answer on google, it's a result of capitalism winning over intelligent design.

Comment

Whatever Colt you get (In Australia at least) you want the manual 4G15T.
      Other than that there are small variations - in Australia the MY06 is the one with the Evo 8 Recaros fitted standard. They were not fitted to the MY09 onward models.

Comment

Working...
      X