X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P Platers beware

hi everyone I have a Ralliart colt and are on P Plates. The car has 2.5 exhaust and front mount inter cooler and BOV that is plumbed back and not to atmosphere. The authorities say I can not drive this vehicle because of these modifications and it is now a prohibited vehicle. Can anyone shed some light on these laws because they are so vague and open to different interpretations. I am in NSW

What is the color of your FMIC?

Comment

silver alloy

Comment

Pulled over by highway patrol, threaten with "driving a probitited vehicle". Loss of licence on the spot, 7 demerit points and $600 fine.

Comment

The rules are here - http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/geared/you..._vehicles.html

I think you can drive it but are unable to modify fit.

Time to stealth up that engine bay.

Comment

Originally posted by Markk View Post
            hi everyone I have a Ralliart colt and are on P Plates. The car has 2.5 exhaust and front mount inter cooler and BOV that is plumbed back and not to atmosphere. The authorities say I can not drive this vehicle because of these modifications and it is now a prohibited vehicle. Can anyone shed some light on these laws because they are so vague and open to different interpretations. I am in NSW
            Let me know if you are wanting to swap some goodies to stock

Comment

I'm guessing the only interpretation you need to worry about is the one cops gave you. They told you it's a banned vehicle cause it's been modded, unmod it and if you want to risk it mod it back.

Comment

Working...
              X